Oak Mountain BMX District: AL01
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Track Phone: 205-617-8071
- Primary Contact: Jay Gortney (205-617-8071)
- Secondary Contact: Richard Bowman (205-613-9755)
Welcome to the oldest continully running track in Alabama. Track was established in 1979 inside Oak Mountain State Park. We are a USABMX sanuction track offering some great racing for kids 2 years old and up. We are located in Oak Mountain State Park and the track is open to ride any day of the week as long as the track is not wet/muddy or if a sanctioned race is underway.
Never raced before? No problem. Just come out on a scheduled race day and watch and learn. The bmx family is alway willing to help inform anyone who has question. Plus, after the race has completed, the track is open for anyone to ride. This is a perfect time to ride a groomed track and follow some of the racers around the course to get the hang of things. Best part, your first race is FREE! Yes, FREE! All you need is your bike, long pants, long sleeves, a helmet and a smile. We will even provide the numberplate (although it may be a paper plate with your number in Sharpie).
Oak Mountain State Park as tons to offer as well. There is a pump track next to the parking lot of the bmx track, over 20 miles of mountain bike trails, mile and miles of hiking, a lake, waterfalls, canoeing, golf, camping, and much more.
- Practice Fee: FREE* (*$3 per rider duing gate practices, which is only open to members. Schedule for gate practice times)
- Single Point Race Fee: $10 per rider, per class for trophy or $7 per rider, per class for ribbon.
- Double Point Race Fee: $20 per rider, per class
- Triple Point Race Fee: $30 per rider, per class