It is our goal that parents are comfortable with and confident in our coaches character and ability to coach their children and look out for their well-being. All USA BMX Coaching Candidates must pass three levels of prerequisites before they are allowed to even start the program.
For the safety of our children, all Coaching Candidates must:
- Recieve a Character Reference from a Track Operator, known as the Track Operator Letter of Recomendation
- Be certified in Red Cross or American Heart Association Adult and Pediatric First Aid and CPR
- Pass a Background Check
What The Clinic Schedule Looks Like
The New Rider Clinics will be based on the following:
• Intro Clinic 1: The Basics
• Basic pedaling / pedals level work on the street.
• Balancing on the gate.
• Intro to the track, obstacle names, basic pumping.
• Bike fit and maintenance (involve local bike shop).
• Safety equipment, and proper fit (involve local bike shop).
• Intro Clinic 2: Getting the Hang of It
• Basic turn work.
• Bunny hopping and setting the foundation.
• Value of working “a straight at a time” (discuss track work with
• Local BMX rules and programs / promote USA BMX programs.
• How a race works / reading moto sheets.
Novice Skills Clinics will be as follows:
Each clinic is roughly one hour in length.
• Gate Starts
• Pack Skills.
• Using the Track for Training.
• Basic Training for BMX.
• Calisthenics for Youth.