Welcome to Shelby Farms BMX & How to get started
Shelby Farms BMX is a bicycle motocross track sanctioned by USA BMX. Our season runs March through November, weather permitting.
A single points race fee is $12, $5 for the second class. If you come out on Race night and wish to Practice only and Not race, the fee is $5 for the practice session. Please see our calendar for the race schedule and Follow us on Facebook: ShelbyFarmsBMX or Twitter @shelbyfarmsbmx for updates. https://www.usabmx.com/tracks/1847/events/schedule?mode=calendar
You must hold a valid USA BMX license to ride the track. A license may be purchased at registration when the track is open. USA BMX does offer 1 day free trial memberships, 30 day memberships and full memberships. The full membership is $60 for one calendar year. The 30 day membership is $30, then at the end of the 30 day period the conversion fee is $35. (the conversion must be done before the 30 days has ended or you will be charged full price per USABMX)
Shelby Farms BMX will promote the sport of BMX by teaching good sportsmanship and respect, teaching proper bicycle safety, maintaining a safe and competitive track, and making BMX a family activity that involves riders, family and friends in a well-organized program.
Volunteers are the driving force behind our track. If you are interested in becoming a track volunteer, please ask anyone in the registration building how to help out. Volunteers are ALWAYS needed and appreciated.
Shelby Farms BMX is a Smoke Free Facility. You must go outside of the gates if you wish to smoke.
Join Anytime at Any Race or Practice all year long
- Any BMX type and size bike will do, but we recommend that you start with one that has a 16" to 20" wheel diameter - as that is the allowable limit in the Novice class. You may race any bike with larger wheels in the Cruiser class.
- Make sure all bolts are tight - especially your axle and stem bolts.
- Remove any freestyle-type axle pegs
- All reflectors/brackets must be removed for safety purposes
- If your bike has a kickstand, it must be taken off
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants or jeans
- Any enclosed shoe is sufficient. Skateboard style shoes are suggested
- ABSOLUTELY NO RIDING (OR WALKING) ON A WET TRACK. This includes if it is still soft from recent rain. If your bike is making tracks...it is too soft!!!!
- NO STOPPING ON THE TRACK
- NO CUTTING ACROSS THE TRACK
- NO RIDING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION
- NO RC VEHICLES
- USA BMX LICENSE, FULL-FACE HELMET & LONG SLEEVES/PANTS (OR APPROPRIATE SHIN/ELBOW GUARDS) REQUIRED (Must present license at registration)