2017 SUMMER CAMP SCHEDULE
2017 Summer BMX Camp Schedule
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
We have an excellent line-up of USA BMX Certified Coaches this summer including:
Dakoda Cody (A-Pro)
Mike Caldwell (A-Pro)
Martin "Mike" Casas
Head Coach, BMX School of Champions
In addition to being BMX professional athletes, the Coaches are USA BMX Certified. They have undergone BMX specific training and passed the Coaching certification exam. They have also passed a background check and are certified in both Adult and Pediatric First Aid and CPR.
Schedule: Check the Coaches Flier for specifics. Generally, each day gates open at 8:00am. Morning sessions focus on BMX race specific skill clinics. Riders will break for lunch then the second part of the day is spent doing a variety of fun activities. (Okeeheelee Park Rides, foot down …..)
*Please contact each coach above for more information and to pre-register. Space is limited for each camp. Don't get left out Pre-register today.
What to bring:
- Long Sleeve shirt/Jersey
- Long Pants/Race pants or Shorts with BMX knee/shin guards
- Full-face Helmet
- Riders should bring a change of clothes for the second half of the day as well as a half shell helmet for park/trail rides.
- Bring lunch and plenty to drink since it gets hot here in the summer.
- BMX style bicycle is recommended.
- Please remove kickstand, foot pegs, chain guard and reflectors. If equipped the front brake should also be disconnected.
- We have a few bicycles for rent at the track ($20/day) they are on a first come first serve basis.
FINE PRINT (please take note it’s important): Okeeheelee BMX is a USA BMX sanctioned track. DUE TO USA BMX RULES AND INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE USA BMX MEMBERS. You will need to present your membership card (or Temp) on the first day of camp. Annual or 30 day Memberships are available at the track. Please sign up prior to the camp on either Tuesday or Friday nights at the track.
This is how the Summer 2017 is shaping up at Okeeheelee BMX:
* USA BMX Certified Coach
These camps are run by the Individual Head Coaches. Please select the Coach’s Flier for more details of their clinic.
***A USA BMX membership is required to participate in these camps You will need your membership card (or temp card) on the first day of camp. If your rider is NOT a USA BMX member we have Annual and 30 day memberships available. Please sign up at the track Tuesday or Friday nights PRIOR to the camp.