Weekend Details 8/19-8/20 - Special Friday Local - Race for Life - Commonwealth Games
This post is for our race weekend - please be sure to sign up for our other communications services for updates:
Text Service: https://www.rainedout.net/team_page.php?a=0e3b5221320d5a50a1fb
This is the basic RACE SCHEDULE information:
Local Race Single
Date: 2016-08-19 (Friday)
Registration Start: 5pm
Registration End: 6:30pm
Race Time: ASAP
Type: Local Race
Race for Life Double - Commonwealth Games Medal Round
Date: 2016-08-20 (Saturday)
Registration Start: 11:00 AM
Registration End: 12:30 PM
Race Time: ASAP
Type: Race for Life
FRIDAY, August 19 is an ALL-DAY Track and Site Prep Day
All skills are welcome! Bikes are welcome as well.
Prep will wrap up around 4:30pm then we will start Race Signups and get into the RACING ACTION!!
FULL BATH HOUSE access and OVERNIGHT CAMPING AVAILABLE
Bring your Tent, Pop-up, RV, Pickup, or just a blanket and enjoy some time under the BIG SKIES of Dinwiddie County - there is a NEARLY FULL Moon this weekend!!
If you plan to arrive Friday and Stay Overnight, please arrive no later than 7pm or contact us to make gate and overnight security arrangements (email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 804-301-5059)
If you need or want to stay Saturday Night, please let us know and we will do our best to work something out.
NO PARKING FEES or CAMPING FEES THIS WEEKEND
Donations for the Race for Life are encouraged as you are able. Please also support our Vendors and Sponsors.
SATURDAY, August 20 Detailed Schedule
The Race Event for Saturday is the USA BMX Double Point Race for Life combined with the Commonwealth Games BMX Medal Round (one race)
- Please have all Race for Life collection envelopes and additional donations ready at Registration - if you are planning to contribute additional funds later, please let us know so we can plan accordingly
- This Race is OPEN TO ALL, even those without a USA BMX License - USA BMX Members with a FULL ANNUAL LICENSE earn Double District Points for this race
- Race for Life offers Certificate Awards for the Finish of the Day and Tiered Awards based on Additional Contributions above the Race Fees -- For more information on the Race for Life, see www.usabmx.com/site/sections/20
- For 2016, there are no pre-qualifications needed for the Commonwealth Games Medal Round - Just Come to Race in Class or Cruiser - Medals are Awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Finishes in each Class. This year, medals are given by RIDER CLASS, so there may be multiple GOLD-SILVER-BRONZE awarded in each racing group. Medals Qualify the Racer for the 2017 State Games - For more information on the Commonwealth Games, start at this page and browse around www.commonwealthgames.org/sports-listing/bmx - For more information on the 2015 State Games, visit stategamesofamerica.com/bmxracingolympic2017
- Note that Qualification for the 2017 State Games earned in the Commonwealth Games is Open to racers from other states if their home state does not otherwise have a State Games Program. At the time of this post, that means Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, and Tennessee racers are among those who can earn their chance to compete in the 2017 State Games by earning their Medal in the Commonwealth Games. See the current program information at this link: http://stategamesofamerica.com/eligibility.
8-10am is the Final Prep and Setup as well as Vendor and Volunteer Arrival time
11am-12:30pm Race Signups at the RED REGISTRATION Building near the FINISH LINE and Gate Practice (Wristbands Required)
- $20 Entry for Novice, Intermediate, Expert, Cruiser, Girls Cruiser - RFL Certificate (all) and Commonwealth Games Medal Award (1-3 by Rider Class)
- $10 Entry for Strider - Commonwealth Games Medal Award - VMP Medallion to Additional Participants
12:45-1pm Opening Ceremonies
Awards Presentation at Race Completion
Commonwealth Games Medals are Presented on the PODIUM at the end of ALL MAINS - Please WAIT for MAIN COMPLETION then proceed to the Podium Area as a group as we call riders to stand in their Finish Position for the Medal Presentation and Picture (no Saver Stamps are Awarded for Race for Life Events)
3-5pm Cleanup and Departure
5pm GATES LOCKED