How to Get Started Racing Bmx
How do I get started in BMX racing?
We always recommend coming out for a practice night prior to racing your first time.
• Come to the track at sign in time and let a track volunteer know that you are interested in racing.
• USABMX requires that all riders racing must have an affiliation with the organization to race at a USABMX sanctioned race. Riders are offered a free trial one-day membership that can be used for one race only.(entry fee of $10 is still required) This paperwork will need to be filled out and turned in prior to racing.
• Once the paperwork is filled out and turned in, the rider will be placed in a corresponding moto for racing on that same day.
• If the rider decides that he/she wants to continue racing, they will need to fill out an official USABMX membership application. This membership costs $60 and is usable at any USABMX track for one year. Riders with memberships also receive a monthly edition of the official BMXer magazine, which includes each member’s name with corresponding points for the season.
• Local track entry fees will be required for each race ($10 for trophy races on Friday and Saturdays)
What equipment do I need for racing BMX?
•Bike with tires in good working order.
•Bike stripped of the following: reflectors, kickstands, pegs and training wheels.
•Front brakes must be disabled. Rear breaks only.
•Long sleeved shirt and long pants
•Recommended: padding on handle bar and top tube