Get InVOLved, VOLunteer...
***We are looking for volunteers for 2018 season***
Please come sign up at Concessions or email us at email@example.com to get more information on what is needed.
Keep in mind, we are a volunteer based organization. Your help is greatly appreciated. We will provide guidance on what is needed.
Volunteers are the heart of Katy BMX. We always have a need for help. The more people volunteering, the better the track will become.
CURRENT LEAD VOLUNTEERS
***Ya'll are very special to Katy BMX. We thank you for all you do!***
TRACK OPERATOR: Billy Pine
ALTERNATE TRACK OPERATOR: Shane Hill
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: OPEN
TRAINER: Shane Hill
CONCESSIONS: Mama Herrick
SOCIAL MEDIA: William / Sallee / OPEN for others
ANNOUNCER: William Edwards / OPEN for others
SCORING: Sallee / Jenny / OPEN for others
REGISTRATION: Sheryl / Jenny / OPEN for others
TRACK MAINTENANCE: Shane / Cayden / Robert / OPEN for others
***A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR BUCKET BRIGRADE***
Shane Hill / Cayden Hill / Robert Herrick / William Edwards / Jeramie James / Bill Big Rig Davis / Eloy Zapata / James Hill
Ian Davis / Quay Edwards / Kyle Riegler
Thank you Swartz Family!!!
TYPES OF VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Track Maintenance – rake, sweep, fill holes, water (RACE DAYS, PRACTICE DAYS, OFF DAYS)
- Track Improvements – improvement projects to make the track better (OFF DAYS)
- Track Preparation – setup bumpers, lights, gate (RACE DAYS, PRACTICE DAYS)
- Gate Runner – run the gate (RACE DAYS, PRACTICE DAYS)
- Announcer – announce motos (RACE DAYS)
- Concessions – sales, cook, clean, organize, inventory (RACE DAYS, PRACTICE DAYS, OFF DAYS)
- Registration – register racers, sign up new members, print moto sheets (RACE DAYS, PRACTICE DAYS)
- Trophies/Awards – distribute trophies/awards (RACE DAYS)
- Staging – make sure all riders are in correct moto and gate (RACE DAYS)
- Scoring – score the racers as they cross the finish line (RACE DAYS)
- Corners – watch racers for fouls, assist with accidents (RACE DAYS)
- Finish Line Chip Distributor – during main event, hand out chips for racers at finish lines (RACE DAYS)
COMMITTEES (Want to take a Lead Role?)
- EVENTS – orangize special events
- FUNDRAISER – create and organize fundraisers
- SPONSORSHIP – look for sponsorship opportunities to donate money or goods
- PROMOTIONS – visit businesses, schools, media companies, etc to promote Katy BMX. Promotional material is available.
- NEW RELEASES – write articles / blogs / posts to promote track
- CONCESSIONS (Chrissy Herrick) – organize area, coordinate volunteers within the Conecession area, gather feedback/suggestions, check stock, run register, keep volunteer list of items
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – gather new volunteers, organize/help the existing volunteers
- TRAINING (Shane Hill) – schedule training, coordinate other trainers
- TRACK MAINTENANCE (Shane Hill) – schedule work days
OCCASIONAL OPPORTUNITIES (we could use your expertise in may fields)
- Grass Cutting
- Weed Control