The first things you need:
- A bicycle - any BMX type and size will do, but it is recommended that you start with one that has no more than a 20" wheel diameter - as that is the allowable limit in the Novice class.
You can call River Valley BMX, or just stop by the track.
(253)732-6890 Mark Hutko - Track Operator
Track is located at 7800 Riverside Dr. E. Sumner, WA
You will want to ask these questions:
- Do you have a Beginner Day or clinics available for new riders? ~ Please check the website for upcoming clinics.
- What time are your sign-up and practice times? ~ All practice times and sign-up times are listed on our schedule page.
- What time do you begin racing? ~ About 15-20min after sign-ups end.
- How much will it cost to begin racing? ~ There is a FREE one day membership, all you pay is the $10.00 entry fee. After that there is a full membership you will need to purchase, it is good for a full year and cost is $60.00 and you get your first race FREE with the purchase a full membership, after that it is just $10.00 each day you come to race.
- Make sure all bolts are tight - especially your axle and stem bolts.
- Remove any freestyle type axle pegs.
- All reflectors/brackets must be removed for safety purposes.
- If your bike has a kickstand, it must be taken off.
- You will eventually need a number plate. You will be provided a temporary number plate with your membership purchase.
Clothing and safety equipment:
- Long sleeve shirt.
- Long pants or jeans.
- A helmet. The USA BMX recommends a full-face helmet. Many USA BMX tracks have "loaner helmets" for beginners to use.
- Any enclosed shoe is sufficient. Skateboard style shoes are suggested.
Now that you have everything ready, we'll see you at the track!