We had a great 2017 season. We saw the track grow in both riders and foot print. Last season we made a lot of changes throughout the season. After the season we dramatically changed the race track. It will be great to get out and try the new layout. This year we will be putting on the final touches.
The schedule will be similar to the last year. Monday practices and Wednesday race with a few Thursday races throughout the season. We hope to have the schedule finalized and approved by USA BMX ove the next few weeks.
We have a number of projects to do this spring before we ride the track and a few we can do during the season.
We need to do
- Fine tune the track, raking rocks and smoothing the surface
- Seeding the backs of the berms and sides of the track with grass seed.
- Adding dirt to the staging area. We will need a few loads of fill brought in.
- Installing the water pump in the tool conex
- Adding a window in the other end of the concession conex for registration.
- Find sponsors to help keep rider costs down (info is on the fundraising page)
We are looking forward to a great 2018 season. Please consider volunteering to help out. The track is 100% run by volunteers. We have a great core of volunteers but need more to run everything smoothly. We need to have extra people trained to back up out regulars incase they can not be there.