New Rider Information
Thank you for your interest in Cowtown BMX!
The best way to get your rider into BMX is have them visit the track! No special training or clinic is needed to ride the track!! BMX is a great sport where no rider sits on the bench! It is a great sport for the whole family!!
- All riders MUST register prior to riding the track.
- All riders MUST have a current membership to be able to ride the track, as we are sanctioned through USA BMX. We do have a One Day Membership free of charge to try the sport, you just pay the practice or race fee and it is only good on practice days or single point races.
- The cost of a membership for the first family member is $60 and includes a subscription to the PULL Magazine provided by USA BMX. Also with your membership you receive points each time you race. USA BMX keeps track of your points earned and provides your rider(s) with a virtual trophy room. The second family member is $55 and three or more riders is $50. Your membership is good for a year from the date of purchase. With your membership, Cowtown BMX will give you 5 free races!
- All riders must wear long sleeve shirt, long pants, closed toed shoes and helmet. Gloves are recommened but not required.
- If you do not have a bike or helmet, we have loaners available first come, first serve. You must register prior to getting your loaner equipment.
- There is not a special kind of bike to ride on the track. A standard 20 inch, 24 inch or mountain bike is sufficient. Please remove any pegs or kickstand prior to riding the track
- There is not a special kind of helmet needed to race BMX. It is recommended to use a full face, but it is not mandatory.
- Cowtown BMX consists of 1 track. All riders ride the same track. Balance bikes practice and race the 3rd and 4th stretches.
- Riders can check our up to date current schedule here
- Riders are NOT allowed on the track other than the specified times or during a special event. If the gate is closed, you will be trespassing!! We are a private facility.
- Our season runs from January 1st thru December 15th.
- You may join our Facebook business page at or our group page at
- There is not a particular age that can participate.....if they can walk, they can ride!
- The BMX Racing League is for new riders. We plan a BRL in the spring and summer. The 2021 season has not been scheduled at this time. Once scheduled, we will post all information here.
- We recommend having your rider ride the track a few times prior to attending and clinics or training. They will need to get used to their bike and track.
- Stay up to date with our text message notifications for events and closures, click here.
- View track rules here.
- Click here to view the New Rider video and manual.
Our hours of operation are (weather permitting) and fees are per event:
Tuesday, practice 5:30 pm to 8 pm. Fee is $7, Lil' Pro's (balance bikes) $5
Friday, racing registration 6 pm to 7 pm, $12, Lil' Pro's $5 (riders may practice during the registration time)
Sunday, racing registration 2 pm to 3 pm, $15, Lil' Pro's $5 (riders may practice during the registration time)
Social media sites:
Facebook business page: https://www.facebook.com/CowtownBmx/
Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/291397881841