About Lone Star BMX
Our mission is to introduce bicycle motorcross (BMX) to families in San Antonio and the surrounding area. In addition, our goal is to teach riders determination, sportsmanship, and valuable skills that can be carried beyond the BMX track.
Address: 3950 Eisenhauer Rd. San Antonio TX
Races: Thursdays, signups 6-7PM, and Saturdays, signups 6-7PM, cost is $15
Practice: Tuesdays from 6:30 -8:30PM cost is $8.
Special Covid-19 Update:
Lone Star BMX COVID-19 Operation Plan
Lone Star BMX will implement a variety of procedures to promote social distancing and keep common areas sanitized. The facility will have a staff volunteer during race nights dedicated to ensuring attendees are practicing social distancing protocols. The following protocols will be in effect until further direction is given by local jurisdiction. Protocols may be further enhanced to ensure the safety of the public and volunteers.
General Precautionary Measures
Lone Star BMX will be implementing several precautionary measures based on the recommendations of the WHO, CDC, state, county and local authorities.
- Limited Spectators: Encouraging only one (1) spectator per participant to attend our racing venue. If multiple family members must attend we will encourage others to remain in their vehicle.
- Social Distancing Measures: In addition to limiting the spectators congregating around the field of play, the facility will have ample signage promoting social distancing. Bleachers will be clearly labeled and marked to ensure distancing.
- Disinfecting Procedures, Hand washing & Sanitizing: Rigorous cleaning and sanitation measures will be implemented to promote a clean and healthy environment. Additionally, we will encourage additional hand washing with our restrooms on-site, which will be serviced and disinfected prior to every event.
- Event Staff PPE: All event staff will be provided with masks, gloves and wipes.
Sport Specific Precautionary Measures
Lone Star BMX has carefully identified areas within the event that need improved structure to maximize social distance. This list is meant to serve as a guideline and will be our best practices. We will make changes if necessary to ensure for the safety and well being of our riders and spectators.
- Contactless Registration: To limit the interaction Lone Star BMX will offer and encourage a cashless, contactless transaction utilizing a cash transfer app such as Signup Genius, Venmo, Paypal, or Square with online web access prior to the race event. This will nearly eliminate interaction for registration.
- Customer Service: There will be times when an attendee needs to communicate to staff. This will occur in open air. Furthermore, as more than one attendee may be in line for customer service, social distancing signage will be affixed to the ground, clearly labeling an excess of 6 feet between attendees.
- Moto Sheet: Moto Sheets outline the day's events and inform the participants of their groupings. The posting of these sheets traditionally creates a gathering of participants. To mitigate this Moto Sheets will not be posted, rather published online.
- Staging: Prior to each race a rider must stage into the proper age category. We will eliminate parents from this area and only allow the assistance of riders under the age of 8.
- Attendance Restrictions: Riders and attendees will only be permitted if registering to race, there will be no practice on race-day for those not racing.
- Equipment: Loaner helmets will not be available thus eliminating the possibility for any shared equipment. Loaner bikes will be sanitized and used by one person per session.
- Awards: At the conclusion of the racing event, awards will be given before riders exit the track area. We will ask that once the racer has collected their award they exit the facility as expeditiously as possible.