About Grand Valley BMX
Bicycle Motocross racing is open to boys and girls (ages 2-92) who can ride a bike. In the sport of BMX, nobody has to sit the bench - not even the parents! And spectators are always free.
At Grand Valley BMX, the racing season lasts all year long, as weather permits. BMX races are held every Sunday beginning in March and conclude on December 15th of each year. Sunday registration and practices are from 1:00 to 2:00. Wednesday evening races occur May through August with registration and practice taking place from 5:30 - 6:15 PM. Racing action kicks off a few minutes after registration closes, beginning with our Little Tykes Race, which is directed at the tiniest riders on push-bikes like Striders, training wheels, or big wheels. After the Little Tykes, races are broken into Motos comprised of novice, intermediate, and expert riders in each age division from 5 & under to 61 & over. See the schedule by clicking on the schedule page for practice, additional races and scheduled clinics and intructional times.
We recognize that many riders who are new to the sport would like to have some formal instruction, so we offer BMX Skills Clinics throughout the season. Each rider can learn how to balance in the starting gate, optimize pedaling, pump through the rhythm section and become successful BMX racers. We offer additional skill-building clinics in a weekly evening series.
We aim to create a fun, family-friendly environment where riders support and learn from each other. Grand Valley BMX welcomes new riders at every race. We hope to see YOU at the track soon!
COME JOIN THE FUN!
Join Anytime at Any Race all year long
Bring your Bike (if you have one):
- Any BMX type and size will do, but we recommend that you start with one that has up to a 20" wheel diameter - as that is the allowable limit in the Novice class. You may race any bike with larger wheels in the Cruiser class.
- Make sure all bolts are tight - especially your axle and stem bolts.
- Remove any freestyle-type axle pegs
- All reflectors/brackets must be removed for safety purposes
- If your bike has a kickstand, it must be taken off
- A limited number of rental bikes are available for $5
Required clothing and safety equipment:
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants or jeans
- Any enclosed shoe is sufficient. Skateboard style shoes are suggested
- Helmets are required, and full-face helmets are recommended. We have loaner helmets available.
Grand Valley BMX is officially sanctioned as a USA BMX track by the American Bicycle Association. Each rider is permitted a one- day trial membership, after which you must purchase a 1-month temporary or 12-month full membership from USA BMX to continue participating. These memberships can be purchased at Grand Valley BMX.