Beginner League Series # 3
Registration for Beginner League Series #3 is now OPEN at Crow River BMX!
- Link: https://crowriverbmx.square.site/
- Registration opens for ALL Riders on 09/06/23
- Registration CLOSES on 09/17/23
Beginner League Package Includes:
- USA BMX Membership
- 4 Coaching Lessons
- 5 USA BMX Races
- 1 Custom Race Jersey
- 1 Number Plate
- BMX Parent Lessons
The entire package is a $265.00 value, but your price is
- $169.00 - New Rider
- $149.00 - Parent Rider
- $129.00 - Existing Rider (does not include USA BMX membership)
- $89.00 - Repeat Rider (does not include USA BMX membership, Jersey or Plate)
Beginner League Details:
- Limited spots are available. The series is capped at 25 riders (including parent/adult riders) to provide an effective peer-to-coach ratio.
- The Parent Rider Program has a reduced rate for parents of beginner league riders to take the sessions right alongside their child.
- Elliot McGrath is a certified coach with 3 assistant coaches and 1 junior coaches. Dan Isaacs will be your non-riding parent coach to help you learn the ins & outs of BMX racing, practices, and more. Elliot and Dan have both been through several EMS training events.
- All ages are encouraged to participate but must be able to ride a pedal bike.
- Beginner League is the ultimate way for riders & families to feel out of the sport of BMX racing without feeling lost or like you're on the outside looking in.
- Lessons are reserved for pedal bikes only.
- Equipment Required: helmet, long sleeves, closed-toe shoes, bike. Crow River BMX has rental bikes ($5) and loaner helmets (free).
- Parents are encouraged to stay on track during lessons.
- Parents will also be taught "BMX Parent" topics during the rider lesson. Topics include BMX Racing in MN (BMX Basics), Learn about USA BMX Volunteering, Positive Environments, Bicycle Selection/Sizing/Setup, Minnesota State Series, and more.
- Review Jersey size before ordering. Jersey Sizing Chart on the square site, or it can be found on www.blotoutgraphics.com/size-chart
- Crow River BMX is a 501c3 Non-profit Organization operated 100% by non-paid volunteers.
Beginner League Schedule:
- Lesson 1 - Mon Sept 18, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Lesson 2 - Fri Sept 22, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Race Day 1 - Fri Sept 22, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm*
- Lesson 3 - Mon Sept 25, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Race Day 2 - Wed Sept 27, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm*
- Lesson 4 - Fri, Sept 29, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Race Day 3 - Fri Sept 29, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm*
- Race Day 4 - Wed Oct 4, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm*
- Race Day 5 - Fri., Oct 6, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm*
*Race Day time frame is for registration only. Once registration closes, racing begins after the moto schedule has been reviewed and approved.
Lessons and Race days on Fridays have a 30-minute overlap. To give riders a break between the two events. During that time (7:00 pm - 7:30 pm), there will be a classroom-style discussion covering various topics to help guide riders and parents about all things BMX. This is optional; if your riders want to ride the entire time, they're more than welcome.
Beginner League Coaches
- Elliot McGrath, Pro, Head Coach
- Frankie Ronning, Expert, Asst. Coach
- Amy Olson, Expert, Asst. Coach
- Elliot Leners, Expert, Asst. Coach
- Henry Leners, Expert, Asst. Coach
- Jenna Klemz, Expert, Jr. Coach
- Danimal Isaacs, Parent Coach
We are happy to introduce our entire coaching staff. Head Coach, Pro Elliot McGrath, partnered with his Jr. and Assistant Coaches to keep the "coach to student" ratio as low as possible. This BMX racing program has been proven to create the ultimate transition from being "Brand New" to the sport of BMX racing to becoming a fully integrated racer and enjoying this phenomenal outdoor family activity. Riders Ready? Watch the Gate!