About Burlington BMX
Burlington BMX is a 501(c)3 non-profit, volunteer-run bicycle motocross track located in Burlington, North Carolina, adjacent to the Burlington Sock Puppets ballpark.
Open to riders of all ages, BMX events are sprint bicycle races held on off-road, single-lap racetracks. (Riders pedal through the course, there are no motors in BMX.) This fast, action-packed sport is sanctioned under the American Bicycle Association (ABA). The BMX season runs from February through early December, weather permitting.
Burlington BMX’s main objective is to provide a fun, healthy environment that emphasizes good sportsmanship and personal growth through BMX cycling. Burlington BMX encourages bike riding for all individuals from the age of 2 and older.
2022 BBMX Board Members:
- Paul Constantino – Track Operator
- Tommy Kopetskie – Asst Track Operator / Public Relations
- Brad Sutton – Treasurer
- Abbey Lee – Secretary
- Zach Gavin – Maintenance Manager (Fleet Bikes)
- Brandon Nance – Facilities Manager (Track)
- Cindy Johnson – Sponsor / Fundraising
- DeShon Cromartie – Concessions Manager
- Emily Fisk – Rider Development
- Alexa Hicks – Member at Large
- Jeremiah Johnson - Member at Large
- Randy Cook - Member at Large
Board positions are elected and voted upon at the Parents Association Meeting held annually each November. All positions are 2-year appointments, with the exception of the Track Operator (4 years).
- Beginner (Strider bikes, with no pedals)
Riders race with other riders of the same skill and age levels.
Practices held on Tuesdays from 6-8 p.m and Wednesdays from 7-9 p.m.
New rider orientations held each Wednesday from 6-7 p.m.
Races held on Fridays
6:30-7:30 p.m. registration/practice, with racing following ASAP
BMX Racing in North Carolina
Burlington is home to one of four ABA tracks in North Carolina. The state’s other tracks are located in Raleigh (Capital City), Charlotte (Hornet’s Nest) and Clemmons (Tanglewood). In total, there are over 300+ USABMX facilities/tracks across the country.