New Rider Resources/FAQs
Welcome new riders, we are excited to have you as part of our race family. Our track is sanctioned by USA BMX, in addition to offering "local" single point races weekly, we also participate in many of the various USA BMX championship series. The great thing about BMX is YOU control your level of involvement as series participation is optional. The info below is intended to help you learn more about the sport, as always the current USA BMX issued rulebook will prevail. Confused?? - PLEASE ASK us, we would love to help you.
Stay tuned for the various races/events that happen during the year such as - State Race qualifier, Warnicke Scholarship race, Race For Life fundraising/race, Olympic Day race, Training Camps, Double Point races, Rider Appreciation events, BooHaha parade, HallowMarine booth, 50/50 Fundraiser at Grand Nationals, Annual Membership Meeting, Track Work Days and more. Annoucements will be made by the race announcer, on Facebook, the website, and via the text blast service.
- District/Local Racing
- Riders earn USA BMX points for each race, points standings are shown on the USA BMX website.
- Your ranking at the end of the season will determine your plate # for the following season.
- Each #1 ranked district rider earns a custom district 1 plate and a custom award (typically a windbreaker style jacket)
- District top 10* riders earn a district jacket. *if there are less than 100 riders in the district, number of awards are on a % basis.
- See Rulebook for details, ask questions if you have them!
- State Championship Series
- Compete for State Champion title and/or State plate. You earn District points and State points at each State series race.
- Each #1 Champion earns a custom award (typically a State Champ Fly Backpack) and a State plate.
- Champions/plates are awarded by age groups for Experts, Intermediate/Novice, Girl, and Cruiser.
- Each track in the state typically hosts a State Qualifier race, currently in Oklahoma you must race one (1) qualifier plus the final to be eligible for awards.
- State points determine invitations to the annual Race of Champions held during USA BMX Grands weekend in Tulsa.
- See Rulebook for details.
- Gold Cup Regional Series
- Compete for Gold Cup Champion title and/or Gold Cup #1-3 Plate. You earn District points and Gold Cup points at each Gold Cup series race.
- Races are held at various tracks in the region, check the USA BMX site for schedules.
- Champions/plates are awarded by age groups for Expert, Intermediate, Novice, Girl, Open, Cruiser. Currently it is your best two (2) scores plus the final for awards.
- Each #1 Champion earns a custom award (typically a jacket).
- See Rulebook for details.
- National Series
- All members may participate in the national series.
- You earn district and national points while competing for the award of the day as well as year end rankings/awards.
- Tulsa Oklahoma typically hosts Sooner Nationals in January, Race of Champions in November, and Grands Nationals which is the national series finale. Even if you chose not to race Grands, we suggest you go check it out, there is no other race like it.
Q - Is SS BMX owned by an indivdual? A - No, we are a non-profit ran by racers and their families. Donations are always welcome :)
Q - Where do my race fees go? A - a portion of the fee goes to USA BMX for santion fees and insurance. Every time we open for a race or gate practice we must pay the sanction a fee. Fees also go to pay for awards, track equipment, track improvements/rebuilds, rider appreciation/recognition, education/camps, marketing/communication, office supplies, port a potties, etc. We are staffed by unpaid volunteers.