USABMX Strider/Balance Bike Racing Rules
What's Strider about?
Strider bikes serve the youngest members of the BMX families! Allowing 2-5 yera olds to participate at the track versus watching the older siblings! Strider bikes are designed specifically to help toddlers and young children learn balance and coordinator BEFORE pedaling. The simple, no-pedal design allows even the youngest children to learn to ride on two wheels, avoiding tricycle tip-overs and training wheel wobbles, and instilling considerable confidence and stellar bike handling skills.
USA BMX Strider Racing Rules
- Rider must be a USA BMX member (annual membership $30)
- Parent may assist rider on start hill
- Parent can NOT follow child onto track during the race
- Rider should be able to ride track unassisted
- Rider must complete course for a scoring position
- Two riders are needed to make a class. (If only one rider in an age class, combine with the next closest age)
- Race order: 5, 4, 3, 2 year olds
- Manufactured no-pedal two wheel bike (no converted pedal bikes, no homeade bikes)
- 12" max tire diameter
- Properly fitted helmet with meets US CPSC helmet safety standards required.
- No slip on shoes or sandals (full toe coverage required)
- Long pants or short with knee pads
- Long sleeve shirt or short sleeves with elbow pads
- Gloves (recommended)