About Eagle County BMX
Constructed with the vision ‘If you build it, they will come!’ Jay lucas and Jamie Ziegler began the discussions in 2007 of a BMX track here in the Vail Valley. After many weekend trips to Grand Valley BMX in Grand Junction and the allotment of tracks on the Front Range, Jay and Jamie presented a letter to the Mayor of Eagle and Town of Eagle with a proposal for the Eagle County BMX (ECBMX) facility. The proposal outlined a number of items but the group wanted to empathize that the track would:
- Provide a safe environment in which young people can build strong bodies, strong minds and self-esteem while proving themselves at their own pace.
- Offer a low-cost entertainment and exercise option that entire families can enjoy; everybody regardless of age, can complete.
- A location where people can gather, enjoy and have fun!
After approval from the Mayor and Town, the track started to take shape. With the help of Yuri Kostic, Chris Spiegle and Don Summers, the track became a reality and opened for racing in 2009. Since then, many children and families have shared memories and laughter (and sometimes pain and suffering from falls!) which continues today.
Our racing season lasts all summer long, as weather permits and is open to any boy or girl who can ride a bike – ages 2 – 92! You can fit BMX racing in between other activities, like work, school, sports, church, and scouting. Races are held weekly on Monday evenings during the summer and on Sunday afternoons when school is in session. Spectators are always free at local races!
ECBMX is an official sanctioned USA BMX track by the American Bicycle Association. Each rider is permitted one trial race, after which you must purchase a 1-month temporary or 12-month full membership from USA BMX to continue racing. These memberships can be purchased at the track.
Bring your Bike:
• Any BMX type and size will do, but we recommend that you start with one that has a 16" to 20" wheel diameter - as that is the allowable limit in the Novice class. You may race any bike with larger wheels in the Cruiser class.
• Make sure all bolts are tight - especially your axle and stem bolts.
• Remove any freestyle-type axle pegs.
• All reflectors/brackets must be removed for safety purposes.
• If your bike has a kickstand, it must be taken off.
Required clothing and safety equipment:
• Long sleeve shirt.
• Long pants or jeans.
• A helmet. A full-face helmet is recommended. ECBMX has "loaner helmets" for beginners to use.
• Any enclosed shoe is sufficient. Skateboard style shoes are suggested.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
Eagle County BMX is located at 1700 Brush Creek RD next to the Eagle Pool and Ice Rink.
- For other track locations, check out the USA BMX Track Directory.
When calling your nearest USA BMX track, you`ll probably want to ask five things:
- How do I get to your track?
- What time are your sign-ups and practice?
- What time do you begin racing?
- How much will it cost to begin racing?
- How big are your first place trophies?