About Music City BMX Association
MUSIC CITY BMX is a bicycle motocross track sanctioned by USA BMX. Our goal is to promote the sport of BMX by teaching good sportsmanship and respect, teaching proper bicycle safety, maintaining a safe and competitive track, and making BMX a family activity that involves riders, family and friends in a well-organized program.
Our season typically runs March through November, weather permitting. During the season, gate practice is held every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-8:00p, with balance bike practice from 6-630p. The cost is $5 for the first family member and $4 for each additional family member. During our season, we race most Sundays and offer a Summer series called Friday Night Lights. A single points race fee is $12, $6 for the second class. Balance bike race fee is $6. Please see our calendar for the complete race schedule and check FaceBook for updates during the off season. You must hold a valid USA BMX license to ride the track. A license may be purchased at registration when the track is open. Rental bikes are available for a $10 fee, balance bikes are available to rent for a $5 fee, and helmets are available to rent for a $3 fee.
Volunteers are the driving force behind MCBMX. If you are interested in becoming a track volunteer, please contact us. Volunteers are ALWAYS needed and very much appreciated.
Join Anytime at Any Race or Practice all year long
- Any BMX type and size will do, but we recommend that you start with one that has a 16" to 20" wheel diameter - as that is the allowable limit in the Novice class. You may race any bike with larger wheels in the Cruiser class.
- Make sure all bolts are tight - especially your axle and stem bolts.
- Remove any freestyle-type axle pegs.
- All reflectors/brackets must be removed for safety purposes.
- If your bike has a kickstand, it must be taken off.
- Long sleeved shirt
- Long pants or jeans
- Any enclosed shoe is sufficient; however, kkateboard style shoes are suggested.
- ABSOLUTELY NO RIDING (OR WALKING) ON A WET TRACK. This includes if it is still soft from recent rain. If your bike is making tracks...it is too soft!!!!
- Must have permission to ride the track if outside of normal practice or race times
- NO STOPPING ON THE TRACK
- NO CUTTING ACROSS THE TRACK
- NO RIDING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION
- NO RC VEHICLES
- USA BMX LICENSE, FULL-FACE HELMET & LONG SLEEVES/PANTS (OR APPROPRIATE SHIN/ELBOW GUARDS) REQUIRED (Must present license at registration)