Learn to Race BMX - Beginners Program (2019)
LEARN TO RACE BMX PROGRAM (2019)
To register please visit the pinned post on the Milton BMX Track Facebook Page.
This program is ideal for beginners of all ages. No previous experience or equipment required. Participants will learn the basics of BMX racing in a safe, fun and low-pressure environment. The goal of the program is to provide first time riders with the skills and confidence to start BMX racing. The program consists of five two-hour clinics where riders will learn skills such as navigating obstacles and how to ride a berm. Once participants have completed the five clinics they will race five local races against other beginners. Bikes and helmets are provided. Note: There is limited space for each session. Included in the program:
- Five Clinics
- Five Races (with Race Day Mentor)
- Ten Helmet and Bike Rentals
- BMX Canada License (valid at over 300 tracks across North America)
- Milton BMX Jersey
- 10 issue of Pull Magazine
- Backpack for Program Graduates
Cost: $159 (non refundable)
Experience Level: This program is only open to beginners.
Ages: This program is suitable for all ages (including parents).
Location: Milton BMX Track, Drumquin Park, 185 Britannia Rd, Milton, ON L9T 7G6
Session # 1 - Deadline for registration is April 12th.
- Saturday April 27, 11:00 am – Orientation and equipment sizing.
- Monday May 13, 6:00 pm - Clinic
- Monday May 20, 6:00 pm – Clinic
- Monday May 27, 6:00 pm – Clinic
- Monday June 3, 6:00 pm – Clinic
- Sunday June 9, 10:00 am – Clinic (Mentored Race)
POSSIBLE RAIN DATES
- Saturday May 25, 10:00 am
- Saturday June 1, 10:00 am
- Sunday June 2, 6:00 pm
- Monday June 10, 6:00 pm
Session # 2 - Deadline for registration is June 6th.
- Saturday June 22, 11:00 am – Orientation and equipment sizing.
- Monday July 8, 6:00 pm – Clinic
- Monday July 15, 6:00 pm – Clinic
- Monday July 22, 6:00 pm – Clinic
- Monday July 29, 6:00 pm – Clinic
- Thursday Aug 8, 6:00 pm – Clinic (Mentored Race)
POSSIBLE RAIN DATES
- Saturday July 13, 10:00 am
- Saturday July 20 1, 10:00 am
- Saturday July 27, 10:00 pm
- Saturday Aug 3, 10:00 am
- Sunday Aug 11, 10:00 am
For more information call: Tim Walter, LTR Coordinator 519 716 1379