Basic Information Regarding BMX Practice and Racing in 2017
BMX is an all-inclusive bicycle racing sport for all ages and all abilities: Toddlers, Boys, Girls, Men, Women and Grandparents are all enjoying the sport of BMX!
HOW TO TRY BMX AT THE TRUMBULL BMX Track, at Indian Ledge Park, 180 Whitney Ave, Trumbull, CT 06611
- Come to the track on a TUESDAY OR THURSDAY PRACTICE DAY, we open at 4:00 pm and close at 8:00 pm
- Fill out a "One Time" USABMX Trial Membership (this is a FREE membership, and only good for 1 DAY, (A 7 day pass is available on-line at USABMX.com after using your 1 day pass).
- Wear and Bring: Long sleeve shirt, Long Pants (preferably tapered cuffs), Sneakers, Full Faced Helmet, and Bike (we have a small inventory of proper Loaner helmets and race bikes on a first come, first served basis, $5.00 loaner fee for each item).
- BRING some cash: $5.00 Practice Fee, and $5 each for a bike or helmet if you need to rent. Stock is limited, 1st come, 1st served.
- You or your rider will be given basic instruction, and guidelines on how to ride on a BMX track. The rest is up to you!!!
WE RACE ON SATURDAY MORNINGS STARTING APRIL 29 THROUGH DECEMBER 9, 2017. WE ALSO RACE EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS OF JULY AND AUGUST.
- SATURDAY RACING: Come to the track between 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM: Registration for a race and practice is held during this time. Races begin at 11:00 AM, and will usually end between 12:15 -12:30 pm.
- TUESDAY NIGHT RACING: Come to the track between 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM: Registration for a race and practice is held during this time. Races begin at 7:30 PM, and will usually end between 8:45 - 9:00 pm.
- All riders are grouped into a race, or 'moto,' by age and ability. A minimum of 3 Riders to a maximum of 8 riders make up a moto. Each moto will complete 2 races, and the riders that transfer out of these two races will compete in the third race or "Main Event." Trophy Awards are given at end of the Main Event for 1st through 3rd Place, Ribbon Awards are given for 4th through 8th Place.
- HAVE YOUR USABMX Membership Card AVAILABLE (or receipt for membership), each time you register for a race.
$12.00 RACE FEE (For Each Pedal Bike Race)
STRIDERS (Toddler Balance Bike Riders) RACE FOR FREE, (Ribbon Award included, $12 Trophy upgrade available at parent discretion at end of race).
*Parent or guardian of a rider UNDER 18 YEARS OLD, NEEDS TO BE on site at all times.
* BIKE - Any bike will do in the beginning! Just remove ALL accessories like: kickstand, chain guard, reflectors, pegs and anything else that might break off or impede racing, (small stock of loaner bikes available).
*Full Face BMX or Motocross Helmet Required, (small stock of appropriate BMX type of loaner helmets are available).
*Long sleeves and long pants are required. Pant cuffs should be tapered at bottom (rubberband or masking tape will do in a pinch).
*Elbow, shin and knee pad, and gloves s are also recommended.
*Flat-soled closed toe and closed back shoes, like sneakers, are required.
The Trumbull BMX Track, or 'T.R.A.C.K' (Trumbull Racing and Cycling Kids) is a non-profit 501 (c) (4) organization. AGAIN, We are an all volunteer club, and receive no outside monies from any municipality, state or other gov't body or private cpompany. We rely on our racing and practice fees, along with parent and youth initiated and lead fundraisers.
Like us and enable notifications from us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TrumbullBMX, follow us on Instagram: @TrumbullBMX
All proceeds from our practice & race fees and fundraisers are used to operate this local track. We are an all volunteer crew, and we have to pay all expenses to run and operate a race track. We appreciate all volunteer labor and gifts to the track...We cannot offer this program without you!!!