Welcome to Shelby Farms BMX & How to get started
Shelby Farms BMX is a bicycle motocross track sanctioned by USA BMX. Our season runs January 1st to December 15th always weather permitting.
To get started in BMX all you have to do is show up! We have everything you need to get onto the track including a ONE DAY FREE Membership! Loaner bikes, helmets, gloves, and racing clothing is avalible on a first come first serve basis. Please come to the registartion window once you arrive and a Shelby Farms Volunteer will get you started on your BMX journey!
The best way to keep up iwth our race schedule is by our schedule on the website, rain ou text and always the quickest Facebook.
Please see our calendar for the race schedule, like and Follow us on Facebook: ShelbyFarmsBMX
You must hold a valid USA BMX license to ride the track once or after you have used your One Day FREE membership or your membership has expired. A license may be purchased at registration when the track is open. A ull membership is $60 for one calendar year from the date signed up. This is good at any USABMX sanctioned track and race/practice fees may apply additional. A balance bike member ship is $30.00 for a full calendar year from the date signed up.
Shelby Farms BMX will promote the sport of BMX by teaching good sportsmanship and respect, teaching proper bicycle safety, maintaining a safe and competitive track, and making BMX a family activity that involves riders, family and friends in a well-organized program.
Shelby Farms BMX is a non profit all volunteer based track. If you are interested in becoming a track volunteer in any way please ask anyone in the registration building how to help out. Volunteers are ALWAYS needed and appreciated on and off the track!
Shelby Farms BMX is a Smoke Free and vapor free Facility. You must go outside of the gates if you wish to smoke.
Join Anytime at Any Race or Practice all year long
- Any BMX type and size bike will do, but we recommend that you start with one that has a 16" to 20" wheel diameter - as that is the allowable limit in the Novice class. You may race any bike with larger wheels in the Cruiser class.
- Make sure all bolts are tight - especially your axle and stem bolts.
- Remove any freestyle-type axle pegs
- All reflectors/brackets must be removed for safety purposes
- If your bike has a kickstand, it must be taken off
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants or jeans
- Any enclosed shoe is sufficient. Skateboard style shoes are suggested
- ABSOLUTELY NO RIDING (OR WALKING) ON A WET TRACK. This includes if it is still soft from recent rain. If your bike is making tracks...it is too soft!!!!
- NO STOPPING ON THE TRACK
- NO CUTTING ACROSS THE TRACK
- NO RIDING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION
- NO RC VEHICLES
- USA BMX LICENSE, FULL-FACE HELMET & LONG SLEEVES/PANTS (OR APPROPRIATE SHIN/ELBOW GUARDS) REQUIRED (Must present license at registration)