Gate Practice - Process, Restrictions and Registration
South Park BMX is pleased to offer gate practice with limited attendance and strict social distancing. Please check spbmx.net often for the current schedule, availability and updates. In order to ensure we’re operating in a safe and responsible manner, we have implemented the following restrictions outlined below.
How it will work
We will run gates for a three (3) hour duration which will be divided up into 3 - one-hour blocks (for example, 5:30pm– 6:30pm; followed by a second block at 6:30pm – 7:30pm; and the last block from 7:30pm– 8:30pm). Each block will be limited to twelve (12) riders. Riders can select their preferred block via pre-registration page and availability for that day/time. To use the gate, you must pre-register and pre-pay on-line via spbmx.net and are required to adhere to the restrictions and guidelines below. You must have a current USA BMX membership. No cash or credit cards will be accepted at the track. Membership renewals and new applications are only able to be processed on-line by the rider or parent/guardian and should be done prior to registering. One (1) parent may accompany rider. If multiple riders in a family, we ask that only one parent attend unless that parent is also a rider. Each rider/family is asked to “pit” in or near their vehicles while maintaining safe social distancing. Bring a folding / camping chair if needed. All riders are asked to bring their own bike pump, spare parts and tools/wrenches to prevent any sharing or borrowing of tools.
Each gate will be limited to four (4) riders utilizing every other gate – 1, 3, 5 and 7. The next group of four riders will line up minimally 6 feet behind this group as marked on the staging hill. Staging must be staggered and distanced. No exceptions.
Please note that there is currently no porta-potty on-site. We will have a bottle of hand sanitizer available for the riders but it is highly recommended you bring your own as well as disinfectant wipes, spray, etc.
Gate practice is $5 per rider per hour. There are no refunds. No exceptions.
The following operational changes have been implemented at the track:
• Contactless registration and payment process.
• All riders must pre-register and pre-pay on-line to secure a gate practice block via spbmx.net | Gate Practice Pre-Registration.
• No payment (cash or card) will be taken at the track.
• Gate practice is $5 per rider per hour. There are no refunds. No exceptions.
• You must have a current USA BMX membership. If your membership has expired, please renew it online prior to registering.
• No renewals or new sign-ups will be processed at the track.
• One (1) parent may accompany rider. If multiple riders in a family, we ask that only one parent attend unless that parent is also a rider.
• No loaner bikes or helmets will be available during gate practice.
• The shed and facility buildings are off limits to everyone except SPBMX Board members.
• All riders are asked to bring their own bike pump, spare parts and tools/wrenches.
• All riders must wear a full-face helmet and gloves and have them on prior to approaching the staging hill, chutes or lanes.
• Riders will not be permitted to sit on the track or in turns and must keep moving.
• No spectators are permitted on the starting hill. The only exception are the riders that may be assisted at the starting gate (5 years old and younger). Parents of riders six to eight years of age may stand at the bottom of the starting hill near the fence as long as they are maintaining appropriate social distancing
• Concessions will be closed. Bring your own drinks and food.
• Bring and carry hand sanitizer in your gear bag and use it often.
• Do not touch another rider or their bike.
• Do not shake hands or give hugs or high-fives.
• Maintain at least 6 feet from all riders and volunteers.
• Cover coughs or sneezes with a sleeve or elbow.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Stay at home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, including chills, fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and new loss of taste or smell. Other changes and restrictions:
• Do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled block time
• Do not gather in the parking lot before or after your practice session.
• When your hour is over, go home. Please do not hang around or wait for others to finish.
• Do not come to the track during practice simply to spectate or socialize. Only those registered for practice blocks should attend.
• Spectators must wear masks.
• Spectating sections--bleachers and observation decks--will be closed off.
• Each rider/family is asked to “pit” in or near their vehicles while maintaining safe social distancing.
• Bring your own folding / camping chair. • Only board members are permitted in the starting/gate tower.
• Continue strict physical distancing.
Please understand that this activity is voluntary and you are required and accountable to observe the restrictions and guidelines set in place to protect our staff, riders and community and to prevent the spread of COVID-19. If you choose not to follow the rules set forth above your family may be asked to leave and may not be able to participate again until social distancing guidelines change.
This is a voluntary activity. If you do not feel comfortable or are unable to meet these guidelines, please stay home.
For information, resources and operational changes related to COVID-19, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus.