COVID UPDATE - Spectator Procedures and Protocols
Spectator Procedures and Protocols
These changes are effective Monday, October 5, 2020, and are subject to modification at any time should State, County or Local Park orders change.
To enable additional spectators, SPBMX will be retaining the BLOCK racing format for the upcoming weeks. Though this format isn't the norm, it will enable each rider to bring additional spectators/family members to the track. However, we are asking each rider to limit family spectators to 2 per rider.
Spectators are to follow the procedures and protocols detailed below:
SPECTATOR PROCEDURES & PROTOCOLS:
- Every spectator must wear a face covering that completely covers the nose and mouth at all times when in common areas – this includes the staging area and staging hill, the observation deck (behind 2nd turn), and when standing or seated on the bleachers (1st and 3rd straights) or along the fence line.
- Spectators must adhere to physical distancing guidelines by separating themselves by at least six feet from those who do not live in their household.
- Those who have symptoms of COVID-19 are to stay home.
- Spectators are to adhere to all directions/instructions by track volunteers, staff, and board members at all times. Those who do not adhere to these directions/instructions will be asked to leave the event.
- Spectators must exit the facility immediately after the conclusion of their rider’s race.
- At this time, general spectators are not permitted.
- PARKING - Please be sure to SPREAD OUT. Allow a large gap between your vehicles. All riders and families are asked to "pit" in or near their vehicles while maintaining min. 6 ft physical distance from those parked near or around them.
- CONCESSIONS will continue to be closed. Please bring your own drinks and snacks.
- NO LOANER BIKES, HELMETS, or TOOLS will be available.
- STARTING HIIL / STAGING AREA - Riders must wear full face helmet and gloves and have them on prior to approaching the staging hill or lanes. Please do not take off race gear until you have returned to your pit area. No spectators are permitted on the starting hill. The only exceptions are the riders that may be assisted at the starting gate (5 years old and younger). Parents of riders six to eight years of age may stand at the bottom of the starting hill near the fence as long as they are maintaining appropriate social distancing
- FINISH LINE - All riders are asked to immediately exit the finish line area promptly and remove any gear once they have returned to the vehicle "pit" area.
Please understand that this activity is voluntary and you are required and accountable to observe the restrictions and guidelines set in place to protect our staff, riders and community and to prevent the spread of COVID-19. If you choose not to follow the rules set forth above your family may be asked to leave and may not be able to participate again until social distancing guidelines change. If you do not feel comfortable or are unable to meet these guidelines, please stay home.
For information, resources and operational changes related to COVID-19, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus.