VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - All SPBMX Membership and Families
As a 100% volunteer organization, we depend on South Park BMX membership and families to help support the riders, track and local racing events so we all collectively can provide a fun, safe and exciting BMX racing experience for everyone. Your help and support is always needed and much appreciated. There are several different ways and opportunities that you can volunteer your time and simply help out. Each of the areas below are equally important to the track’s success. Below is a description of each volunteer area and how you can get involved. The rider’s LOVE seeing their parents engaged in the sport they enjoy and you’ll be surprised how fun and rewarding it is to help out.
- Scoring – minimum of 3 people to record rider’s race results.
- Staging – minimum of 3 people to help stage riders into the correct motos and gates before entering the track. Assigns letters and communicates number plate corrections as necessary.
- Corner Marshal / Turn Officials – responsible for providing rider support and track fouls in the event of malicious riding or racing.
- 50/50 -- sell and oversee ticket sales on race nights
- Concessions – welcoming guests and taking food/beverage orders while keeping the stand clean and sanitized.
- Grass Cutting – weeding and grass cutting inside the fence perimeter of the track
- Track Maintenance – removing rocks, filling in divits and ruts, application of soil tac for a smooth surface, etc.
- Track Alterations – reshaping or rebuilding jumps or parts of track as well as repairs and improvements to track facilities.
Large Events Volunteers
We are need of donations for Concessions and Chinese Auction baskets for our bigger events below. Volunteers are also needed to help assist with parking (for the National), Hydration Station / Concessions, 50/50 sales, Chinese auction and apparel table for these events as well.
- 2021 USA BMX Stars and Stripes National – July 4th weekend
- 2021 USA BMX PA State Qualifier – July 31st
- 2021 USA BMX PA State Championship – August 21st and 22nd