Getting Started in BMX
If you are ready to race, ride, or try out BMX, Getting started is easy!
We've provided some helpful tips below to get you on your way!
Things You Will Need To Get Started
1. Helmet with a permanent strap, (snaps are prohibited)
2. Closed-toe shoes
3. Long pants -or- tear resistant loose fitting shorts in combination with one-piece knee-shin pads
4. Long sleeve shirt -or- short sleeve shirt in combination with elbow protection
5. Gloves are recommended
1. All bikes must be inspected before entering the track
2. All bicycles must have functional brakes
3. Freestyle pegs, kickstands, chain guards, fenders, reflector brackets must be removed
4. A number plate
Throughout the season, Charlie's BMX hosts a series of new rider clinics, so make sure to check our upcoming schedule for dates and times!