How to Get Involved
LETS BUILD A BETTER PROGRAM TOGETHER!
WESTERVILLE BMX is VOLUNTEER run organization that needs everyone's help!.
We are always looking for volunteers, LIKE YOU, to ensure a safe and memorable race day experience for our riders and their friends and family. There is always something that needs done, and the more help...the BETTER!
If you are interested in volunteering you can also fill out the Volunteer Submission Form below.
In appreciation for the dedication of our volunteers, special awards are given throughout the year and at the year end banquet.
The qualifications for the volunteer awards are:
- Volunteer 5 times - a volunteer t-shirt
- Volunteer 10 times - $5 in Track Bucks (known as COABRA CASH)
- Volunteer 15 times - one free local single point race
- Volunteer 20 times - Pit Shirt or Hoodie presented at the end of the year banquet
If you cannot volunteer during scheduled races or practices you can always volunteer to help behind the scenes or on days when the track is not open. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
- Registration Clerk (1-2) - The most important person on the team. This individual interacts with everyone who shows up to race. Without this person the race can't begin!
- Gate Operator (1) - This individual is responsible for controlling he pace of the event by operating the starting gate in a safe and responsible manner.
- Announcer (1) - Be the life of the event and keep the energy going by announcing the race action as well as promoting future events, sponsors, concessions, etc. between motos and during downtime in the action
- Stagers (2-3) - This position helps our riders get lined up correctly for their race. We need 1 stager at the bottom of the starting hill (this position makes sure that the riders in the upcoming races are present and lined up in the correct lane according to the 'Staging Sheets') and 1 stager at the top of the hill (this position maintains control on the hill to ensure riders in the gate can hear the starting cadence. It's also the last check to ensure all riders are present for their race and in the correct gate)
- Scorers (1-3) - These positions are located at the finish line and are responsible for capturing where riders finish (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) Multiple scorers are used to ensure all racers receive the finish they earned....more eyes makes that easier!
- Corner Marshalls (3-4) - Corner Marshalls are located in each of our turns. The Corner Marshalls are there to assist downed riders and broom or rake the track as needed to remove debris or smooth out rough spots in the track.
- Certified Medical Personnel (2-3) - Never the people you want to see during a race but ALWAYS the ones you are thankful for IF you do NEED them!!
- Concessions (2-3) - These positions play a critical role in our race day experience.....Who doesn't want snacks!!
- Trophy Distribution (1) - This position will pass out trophies based on the Scorer sheets (if you can count to 3, this one is a piece of cake! ....not to mention everyone who comes to the window is SUPER EXCITED to see you!)
- Bucket Brigade (3-4) - These individuals run the 50/50 drawings during events to help us raise funds for capital improvement projects and other needs to ensure we can continue to provide a top level program to the community.
- New Rider Recruitment and Rider Retention Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator(s)
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Dirt Crew (ie Track Maintenance)