Ride at NOVA
Race your bike at NOVA BMX!
- You can start with any bike.
- Riders are grouped by age, experience level, and type of bike so you can start at any age on nearly any bike.
- We offer races twice weekly throughout the season, weather permitting.
- BMX, balance bikes, mountain bikes, and dirt jumpers are all welcome!
Getting ready to race
- Check our schedule and choose a practice or race for your first visit.
- 1-day trial membership, available online here. Please be sure to select “VA – NOVA BMX” as the host track.
- Information about the MTB class is available here.
- Let us know if you have questions by messaging us via our Facebook page.
When you arrive at the track you will need:
- A bike. Almost any bike will do, but we may help you remove accessories like pegs or kickstands for everyone’s safety.
- A helmet. Full-face helmets are recommended, but you can start with almost any type of helmet as a beginner. We have a limited supply of full-face helmets for use at the track.
- Long sleeve shirts, pants (not shorts) and closed-toe shoes.
- When is NOVA BMX Open?
- NOVA BMX is open for practices most Mondays and Tuesday and races most Wednesdays and Saturdays. Our full schedule is online here and we announce cancellations due to weather on the NOVA BMX Facebook page.
- Do I need a special type of bike?
- Nearly any bike will do for a beginner. As riders progress in our BMX classes, they usually transition to specialized race-specific bikes. We also offer groups for our mountain bike and dirt-jumper riders.
- How old do you have to be to ride or race?
- We have kids in diapers that race at NOVA! We have balance bikes for the littles and often have 4 year-olds that race pedal bikes in our novice class.
- Do you offer adult bike racing?
- We have riders from 2 – 72 at NOVA BMX with races that let riders of similar age and skill race against one another.
- How much does it cost to ride or race at NOVA BMX?
- There is no charge for your 1-day trial. If you wish to continue racing a USA BMX annual membership is $80. This is your license to ride on any sanctioned track is the U.S. or Canada. The day-of-race fee at NOVA is usually $11. Practices are usually $5.
- Does NOVA BMX offer instruction and coaching?
- Yes. Throughout the season we offer a number of different clinics with USA BMX certified coaches that are geared toward riders of different skill levels. These are shown on our schedule.
- Who can I contact with questions?
- You can message us on Facebook,
- You can email us at [email protected] or [email protected]
- You can call us at 703-951-7269 (T.O.) or 412-708-5437 (President)
We look forward to seeing you at the track!