Menu
TB Awards 2/9/17
Unnamed
Powered By: Usabmx_2018_sticky

Blanchardwoodsnewlogosmall_mxw350_mxh180_e0

Contact Us
Blanchard Woods BMX Map

Location:
4600 Blanchard Woods Drive
Evans GA 30809
View Map | Get Directions

Track Operator:
Richard Joyner
762-233-9609
Sarah Anderson- President
706-284-1578
blanchardwoodsbmx1907@gmail.com

Track Image

Parent/ Rider Meeting Notes

 
   

July 3, 2018 Meeting Notes

 

Agenda 7/3/18

Blanchard Woods BMX 1907

Parent RIder Association Meeting called to order at 807pm

 

Attendance (Sign in sheet going around)

 

Treasurer Report- Jim Ball bank balance $9203, $663 in Paypal, $450 in on-site cash (concessions, registration, change bag); total $10,136; $10k is the target balance to maintain after purchases

  • have purchased shed for storing maintenance tools
  • have puchased dirt and glue for track maintenance
  • regularly purchase concessions for selling

 

Items that need to be purchased in the near future:

New fridge, other is on its last leg but can be used for storage when new one is purchased

  • Asked Association Members if they have one to donate or have contacts with vendors for low cost option

    Fencing to enclose the entire ridable surface of the track ($4200-$5000.00)

  • Association Members voted 22 Y/0 N to purchase fence materials; installation labor to be provided by volunteers
  • fence enclosing the track is required by USABMX for hosting large events (Gold Cup Championships, national races)
  • 4ft tall black vinyl matching Columbia County specs, order and receive materials within two weeks

        -Money can be saved by purchasing big gates later.

Discussions on financials:

  • change up items in concessions--fruit snacks
  • question asked about donating food for concessions--strongly encourage any and all donations
  • Member suggested one-time sponsors to be recognized during Gold Cup Championship weekend--$500 sponsorships to help offset expected incurred costs / banner hung on fence

Blanchard Woods Track Jersey $50 for jersey or pit jersey; order forms distributed and will be posted on FB; email Board with questions

    Ready to order

    Order form to be filled out and turned in.

    First order will be place July 21st, 2018

    All orders prepaid and have a 5-10 day turn around.

After first initial order, orders will be monthly

 

Volunteer incentive

Taking a break on the points system.

Have a drawing every race instead of collecting points. Drawings will be to give away different things (items from sponsors, donated items, free meal vouchers, free races….) Whatever is decided that particular race.

 

Gold Cup race and preparations

Be on look out for FB announcements

 

End of series party: September 8th, 2018

    Where, potluck or cater, games?? Member suggested renting inflatables and holding event at track; low cost option when renting from Ft Gordon

    Jersey’s will be ordered by mid August and ready for hand at party

Richard Joyner discussed the requirement of wearing helmets when riding bikes, scooters, ripsticks, skateboards in the parking lot, especially when coming down the hill around the maintenance building.  Be safe and be aware of cars coming up/around the hill.

**Association Bylaws are posted online www.blanchardwoodsbmx.com

 

For Any questions please feel free to reach out to any of our board members:

Sarah Anderson, President, 706-284-1578, blanchardwoodsbmx1907@gmail.com

Richard Joyner, Track Operator, 762-233-9609

Tim Byrne, Assistant Track Operator

Stacy Williamson, Secretary

Joy Mann, Member at Large

Lance McAnly, Rider at Large

 

February 24, 2018 Meeting Notes

  • Meeting called to order at 805pm
  • Recognize new riders in attendance, thank them for trying BMX, encouraged experienced riders to make new riders feel comfortable and offer assistance as often as necessary
  • Reminder of frequency of meetings--monthly after end of registration and prior to start of race
  • Review of Vet Fest
  • Encouraged members to share opportunities where BW BMX could set up a booth to continue to spread the message and to encourage new riders to try BMX
  • Bank balance is $5171.30
  • Review of starting hill platform--plans are in process, will be 6x8, encouraged members to share ideas for donated materials or labor
  • Track jersey design is in process, awaiting finalization of sponsors (due in April)
  • Reviewed need for sponsors and different sponsorship levels
  • Rider at Large voting--Lance McAnly voted in (yea:  28. nay:  0)
  • Reminder of State Qualifier held at BW on March 3--need several volunteers, 50/50 raffle to help raise money for the track, P/R 11-1230p, race around 1pm
  • Reminder for all members to sign in for the Association Meeting
  • Question from the floor:  Run BB motos in between motos to allow for longer break.  TO stated BBs will race at the start of moto 1 but longer breaks will take place between motos and before main.
  • Meeting adjourned at 812pm

 

2018 Parents and Riders Association Meeting - Agenda

January 20, 2018

Welcome to New Season- introduce Board Members CALLED TO ORDER AT 813pm

Financial Report- Jim is unable to attend, Bank Balance: $7658

  • This $ amount Includes money that was raised to build Gate Starter Platform

New Business

  • Working on final plans of platform. Agreed on size and exact placement last week

  • Balance Bike Committee:  Dedicated practice time changed. Promote non-sanctioned practice from 6-630 on Tuesdays, Loaner equipment will be available during sanctioned practice time 630-830pm

  • Committees: Home School, Fort Gordon, Concessions

    • Sign Up Calendar will be available at concession stands tonight and every race

    • Asking for help to manage these and most importantly promote sport to these 2 major groups

  • VIP Volunteer program

    • Handout explaining point system

    • Vouchers will be ready by practice this Tuesday

    • Each volunteer will keep up with their points and at end of race have Board member sign off for points that race

  • Update Contact information: Address, email, phone #

    • This information will used to send email blasts, coupons, post cards….

  • Chili Cook-off: Jan 27, 2018

    • Bring a pot of chili to enter into the competition, 3 awards will be given out on 3 categories. Spicy-est, Yummy-est, Most Unique-est

  • Girls Night: Encourage more girl riders. Have practice nights monthly

  • Track Coach: in between coaches at the moment, asking for any volunteers

    • Certification involves online training through USABMX, background check, first aid training

  • Rider at Large Position is open: Taking nominations and will vote on end of Feb nomination from Robert Glick: Lance McAnly; seconded by Richard Joyner; vote held at race closest to 30 days post open nominations

  • Sponsorship: Asking for new sponsors for the new year. Handout given with information

    • Online form will be on website with in the week.

  • Summer Series: Tuesday night races held 2nd and 4th week in the summer months

    • Final information TBA

    • Jersey will be incentive to participation, Different jersey than our ‘Track Jersey’

  • Track Work: Will be having work days in near future. Be on the lookout for announcements.

  • Track Needs:

    • Permanent Fence around just the track

    • Storage Building, vote on YES: 15, NO: 0

  • Parents to become CPR certified

MEETING ADJOURNED AT 819pm

2018 Blanchard Woods BMX Racing Season

www.blanchardwoodsbmx.com

 

Local Races:

    Jan: 20,27            July: 7,10,21,24,28

    Feb: 3,17,24            Aug: 4,18,25

    March:     3,17,31        Sept: 1,15,22

    April: 7,14,28            Oct: 6,20,27

May: 5,19,26,29        Nov: 10,17,20

June: 2,5,16,19,23,30        Dec: 1,15

State Race Qualifier:        March 3, 2018

South East, Gold Cup Championship Race:        September 28-30, 2018

Summer Series:      More details TBA

2018 Track Sponsorship:  Asking for new yearly sponsorship until April 30th

            Visit our website for more details

Jersey:  Design is in the making, and will be finalized after yearly sponsorship is completed.

Coach Needed: Certification is completed through USABMX, background check and First Aid certified

Rider At Large duties:

The Rider-at-Large shall be elected to a term of one (1) year, which shall run from January 1 to December 31. The Rider-at-Large with assistance from the Treasurer will be responsible to obtain and manage track sponsors. The Rider-at-Large will assist the Member-at-Large in forming race day volunteer lists.  The Rider-at-Large will also work with the track’s coaching staff in obtaining clinics and new rider events. The Rider-at-Large should have operating knowledge of all facets of track operations and backfill voids in operations as necessary whether him/herself or by training volunteers.

 

 

Association Meeting 10-28-17

Board present:  Sarah Anderson (Pres), Stacy Wiliamson (Sec), Jim Ball (Tres), Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Robert Glick (RaL), Joy Mann (MaL)

Meeting called to order at 753pm

  1. Explanation of 2018 Board members voting process, including announcement of nominated candidates:  Sarah Anderson (Pres), Stacy Wiliamson (Sec), Jim Ball and Katlyn Attaway (Tres), Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Robert Glick (RaL), Joy Mann (MaL)
  2. Reminder to see Robert Glick for questions or suggestions about the proposed platform for gate operator.
  3. Reminder to add name to Association Meeting attendee sheet .

Meeting adjourned at 757pm

***Votes counted prior to Main race.  Assocation voted for 2018 Board members:  Sarah Anderson (Pres), Stacy Wiliamson (Sec), Jim Ball (Tres), Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Robert Glick (RaL), Joy Mann (MaL)

 

Association Meeting 10-07-17

Board present:  Sarah Anderson (Pres), Stacy Wiliamson (Sec), Jim Ball (Tres), Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Robert Glick (RaL), Joy Mann (MaL)

Meeting called to order at 8pm

  1. Final call for 2018 Board nominations.  Nominations accepted through end of race tonight.  Voting will take place on 10-28-17.
  2. Association asked for Halloween race ideas on 10-28-17.  Costumes welcomed, though not while riding on the track.
  3. Track work on first straight in upcoming weeks. Volunteers requested.
  4. Sarah reminded Members how to sign up to receive text alerts.
  5. Krispy Kreme fundraising reminder--orders and money due tonight.  Certificates will be distributed on 10-10-17.  Money raised going to the building of platform for gate operator.  Robert asked Members to share their design ideas.  Association Member asked for clarification on building materials to use--TBD following confirmation from County.
  6. Robert reiterated his and Joy's roles--they are the individuals for Members to share their ideas, ask their questions, and from whom to request assistance.

Meeting closed at 805pm.

 

Meeting Minutes 8/19/17

Parent/ Rider Meeting

Meeting called at- 7:54

Board Present: Richard Joyner, President/ Interim Track Operator; Joy Mann, Member at Large; Sarah Anderson, Rider at Large/ Interim Treasurer

1) $7969.12 account balance
2) Items purchased since July 17th 2017 : Drainage Items  (Rock/Drain Pipe) $1311, Clay, Blower $290.00, Weed Eater $288.00 , Wheel Barrel $97.00
3) Rusty was able help with Donated equipment to do Drainage and we want to thank him and his family for the time invested in this project.
4) Grass Maintenance will be done regularly and it will cost track $200 a monthly
5) Committees
  a) Strider Committee ( Katlyn Attaway ) (Promoting, Retaining and Running)

  b) Fundraising Committee (bike wash day, fundraiser laps, swap meet)

  c) Open Ride day Commitee, (flyers out to CCBOE)

  d) Track t shirt and Jersey commitee, (design, take and place orders)

6) Bylaws Vote Date- Sept 16th 2017
7) 2017 Board Positions Open -TO, TO Asst., Treasurer, and Secretary
8) Vote Sept 16th 2017- to fill 2017 Board Positions

Note*2018 Nominations will soon be opening up in September for ALL Board Positions. Voting for 2018 Board Positions will be end of October.

Please feel free to ask any questions or go to our USA BMX website for the job description in the bylaws.

*Closing-Does anyone have any questions?

meeting adjourned 8:10

Meeting Minutes 7/22/17

Parent/ Rider Meeting

 
*Meeting called at - 7:15pm
*Agenda: To go over for a 2nd time for any member that missed the parent rider meeting on Tuesday July 18, 2017.
 
*Board Present: President/Interim Track Operator-Richard Joyner, Member At Larger-Joy Mann 
*Absent: Rider at Large/Interim Treasurer-Sarah Anderson (had prior commitment and let President and Board know ahead of time)
 
Subjects discussed:Agenda
1) Open Board Positions were announced (Track Operator, Track Operator Assistant, Secretary, & Treasurer)
 
2) Rewritten Bylaws were handed out to members (not all members wanted a copy)
 
3) President addressed bylaws are posted on website, the date they will go active if no changes 8/19/17
 
4) Parents were asked if they had any questions or concerns, and was also encouraged that if they have questions at a later date they are welcome to message us or come to us in person to get any questions answers.
*Parent Concerns brought to meeting:
a)Voting and how the votes can be swayed with how many minor members are in a household. 
-Member Voting Idea - It should be any Rider over the age of 18 at time of vote and holds Blanchard Woods BMX as their home track, gets a vote.
-Both parents/guardians get a vote maximimum total votes would be 2(1 representing dad / 1 representing mom)
~The reasoning for this per member/members - This way no household with multiple minor riders/members under the age of 18 per household can sway the vote by taking advantage of the number of minors they have in the household. (example: minor the age of 6 may want to vote in a way the is not a best choice for track, but the parent will vote in the way they see fit for the track)
 
Meeting Adjourned @ 7:33pm
 
Side Note: After Meeting was adjourned Grandparent of a minor member took President aside and questioned voting rights for his minor grandson. This grandparent is an active volunteer, and is the one that brings minor member to all bmx events. At time we do not see why anyone would not see him as the acting legal guardian while child is in his care at the track or during voting.
(Natural Guardian-If a parent or legal guardian appoints another person to temporarily be responsible for the child, the person acting in that capacity is called the guardian, or natural guardian of that child.) per Wikipedia.org under legal guardian meaning

 

 

Meeting Minutes 7/18/17

Parent/ Rider Meeting

 

Meeting called to order 720 pm

-Address board situation and leave questions to individuals

-Address Rumors and Intention- Parent involvement and Parent Rights

-Went over rewritten bylaws- Read thoroughly with association

-Defines Quorum

-Questions arisen: Why not have the same person be TO and President?

-Reason for separating the two roles, it is too much on one person. We want everything to go through the board- Not the same person make all decisions

-TO-Executes the plans of the board

-Provided examples on why one of the changes to bylaws is to make TO and non voting position.

-Consensus is track operator needs a vote.. yay  15  nay 5

-Read duties of all positions and specifically the open positions

-Keep Association Meetings and importance of them, to give the parents a voice in how track is ran

-Make sure board is having 12 meetings a year

-Meeting notes will be posted on website to be viewed by those that did not attend meeting

-Add to bylaws, request o provide agenda for special meetings requested by association

-Remove tie breaker claus from bylaws

-Request to have board members required to participate in a percentage of work days

-Lots of argument both ways for yay or nay. Even vote.

-Make sure we are keeping track of volunteers, who and what

-officially go over available positions, hand out letter of interest and explain to have it filled out and turned it.

-Bylaws will be posted on USABMX track website this evening, any discrepancies can be noted at the next meeting and changed. If any major changes clock, 30 day  clock will restart. Once bylaws have been posted publicly for 30 day and agreed on by association, We will vote for the open positions.

-we will have another meeting reach out to people who missed.

 

Meeting ajourned 8:35pm

 
   

 

Sign-Up to Become a Volunteer!

We need your help! Successful BMX programs are the result of a strong volunteer base. Be a part of something special and help make a difference in the lives of the kids & families at your local track.

Please choose one or more volunteer positions: