Parent/ Rider Meeting Notes
Blanchard Woods BMX
Parent RIder Association Meeting
- Called to order at 752pm; adjourned at 808pm
- Attendance (sign in sheet sent around)
- Board members present: Sarah, Richard, Tim, Jim, Joy, Lance, Stacy
- Welcome and Brief explanation of Association
- Bylaws on FB under files and on website
- Financials- (Jim Ball)
- $8368 cash on hand, $4k set aside for asphalt starting hill--apply to repairs to shed destroyed due to tornado/fallen tree?
- encourage riders to race often and to bring their friends to try the sport--more riders = more income for the track
- State Qualifier - Revenue brought in and appreciation expressed
- Upcoming Clinic/Events
- Jason Carnes Berm Academy Skills Clinic - April 18 630p-930p, $40
- Easter Race and Hunt, April 20th, Taking donations until April 19th (friday night practice)
- Summer Series
- Dates: April 20-Aug 3; 12 races total 9 of 12 for jersey and plate, 5 of 12 for plate only
- Earnings: Race 9 out of 12 races for jersey and plate, 5 of 12 for plate only
- Entry fee: $12 per race
- Blanchard Woods BMX Jerseys, available to order $50 each
- BMX Themed Party, track rental available
- Track Business
- Work Days, first weekend of every month
- Storage building
- spent about $800 so far, need additional supplies to finish the repairs (siding, roof materials)
- Drainage and paving
- need more rock to finish the 1st straight draingage
- will proceed with paving the start hill once the draining and building repair have been completed
**Upcoming Local Races
April 19, 20
May 4, 18, 25
June 1, 4, 15, 22, 29
July 6, 9, 20, 27
August 3 (end of summer series) More Races to be added to schedule**
February 2, 2019 Meeting Notes
Called to order at 749pm, adjourned at 757pm
Attendance (sign up sheet sent around)
Board Members in attendance: Richard, Sarah, Tim, Lance, Joy, Stacy
-Bank Balance $7097
-Other treasurer business
-Most of the valentines cards are in some sent to CA; should arrive this week; please collect ASAP; generics are available for those who didn't order custom cards
-Group Specific practices each month (dates are below)
-Plate Numbers and personal info (mailing and email address, phone #.s) needs to be updated
Contact us to make these changes
-Coaches for the 2019 season: Zephin Mann, Sarah Anderson Andrew Bodine is also applying to be a coach
-New Rider clinics schedule and Skills Clinics: TBA
-Sponsors, currently accepting sponsors for the year, see Sarah for more details
-Concession Stands Volunteers one family volunteer at each race so that the same people are stuck working concessions
-Extras that are available for purchase: tubes for tires, tshirts, plates
-BMX Themed parties $200
2 hours of private track use
Sound system with music or play your own tracks.*
Use of race-ready bikes & balance bikes
Use of helmets
FREE race vouchers for all Non Members that attend
-Scheduled work days planned for first weekend of the each month.
Saturday 10am-2pm Tim B will host Sunday 1:30-4:30pm Richard will host
First one was today and we had a good turn out, Thank you to everyone that showed
-French drain, Paving, Sealing Corners hope to get started on first straight drainage this week weather permitting, 4 ft down, 3 ft wide, 6" drain tube covered with gravel; Rusty can get us equipment to use; Daniel Attaway volunteered to help; after drains are installed then we will put asphalt on starting hill; sealing the turns will be the last project of these three (still researching options)
Dates to Remember:
New Rider Clinics: Feb 13 March 13
Girls only Practices: March 7th April 11th
12+ group: March 14
Races:(scheduled through till August
Feb 2, 16, 23 June 1*, 4*, 15*, 22*, 29*
March 2, 16 (State qualifier) July 6*, 9*, 20*, 27*
April 6, 19, 20* August 3*
May 4*, 18*, 25* *summer series races
January 5, 2019 Meeting Notes
Called to order at 648pm, adjourned around 7pm (exact time unknown)
Attendance (sign up sheet sent around--40 members signed in)
Board Members in attendance: Richard, Sarah, Tim, Jim, Lance, Stacy, Joy
Brief Parent Rider Association Meeting
- Thank you for an awesome 2018 season!
- A few things to get the 2019 season started:
- Approval to pave to the 30 foot line on first straight away
- Cost is estimated to be between $3-4k. 29 voted to proceed, 0 votes to not proceed. Questions raised about making the starting hill longer--Rusty, Andrew, Tim B and Richard to meet at track to review options.
- Track works days will be scheduled for week end days
- Goal is by having a regularly scheduled day each month to work on the track, cut grass, clean parking lot, etc--then the participation level will increase making the work less intense for those who show up to help. There will continue to be "as needed" work days for projects and to prepare track for practices, races, major events, etc. Grass needs to be cut weekly at a minimum during the summer. Specific weekend to be determined by Board, and communicated to Assocation ASAP.
- Girls only practice and 12+ only practices are forthcoming
- Association member requested an >12 only practice. Board is open to the idea; need to review and determine when to add to the schedule. Another Member suggested by adding these exclusive practices, then we may see lower rider count at regularly scheduled Tuesday practices thus reducing the income the track receives. Board agrees it is a risk thus the idea of the exclusive practices occurring only once a month as opposed to every week.
- Tuesday night practices, fee is increasing to $3. (this helps to keep our free fridays)
- Not included on original agenda--sealing turns (formula will include sandpaper grit to reduce slickness). Goal is to seal the turns to reduce risk of injury as current asphalt is crumbling. Original idea is to seal turns 1 and 2 as soon as possible (though when funds allow), then turn 3 later. Likely will require resealing annually. Cost is estimated to be $400 each for turns 1 and 2, $300 for turn 3. Assocation Member suggested all turns are completed at the same time and paid in part by donations from Assocation Members. Board is open to the idea and will gladly accept donations to complete the project. Another Member raised concerns about the recurring maintenance and the formula making the turns too slick for riding risking increase in injuries. Assocation decided to NOT vote on this project and to revisit at a later date once more information is available.
October 20, 2018 Meeting Notes
Called to order at 744pm, adjourned at 803pm
Attendance (sign up sheet sent around--16 members signed in)
Board Members in attendance: Richard, Tim, Sarah, Stacy, Jim, Lance
- 2019 Board nomimations
- candidates: Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Sarah Anderson (President), Stacy Williamson (Secretary), Jim Ball (Treasurer), Joy Mann (Member-at-Large), Lance McAnly (Rider-at-Large)
- no additional nominations--all current candidates voted to continue office for 2019--13 yay, 0 nay
- $13,050 total cash on hand, approx $3200 from GC parking to be paid to County
- This year we have made several large purchases and new improvements and we still have nearly $10k on hand: new maintenance building, perimeter fence around track, $800 set aside for gate operating platform, $3k in glue purchased, et al.
- Still left to do/purchase: asphault for starting hill transition, asphault in turns (county?), purchase a lawn mower, gate operating platform, finish fence
- lawn mower purchase approved 13:0; exact price TBD $1600-$2200
- Gold Cup review--concessions will break even or be in the red due to expenses--overbought product, rented fryer, purchased ice for sale (many lessons learned for next time)
- Many thanks for all who volunteered. Event wouldn't have been as successful and efficient as it was without the help.
- Track jersey orders to be submitted at the end of the month--order forms in tower and online; see Board Member to order; $50
- Volunteers at races are entered in a drawing for a prize. We need help at every event, and the prizes will incentivize.
- Upcoming events: food drive (Oct), coat drive (Nov), toy drive (Dec); end of the year party--details TBD
- Trunk or Treat--Oct 27; decorate trunks, hand out candy, wear costumes (be safe while racing!)
- Triple Crown--Nov 10 & 11: PTC Nov 10 day, Sandy Ridge Nov 10 night, BW Nov 11 day
- 500 points possible--PTC and BW double point races (double entry price)
- food to be provided to all racers, trophies provided by PTC
Sept 8, 2018 Meeting Notes
Called to order at 217pm, adjourned at 240pm
Attendance (sign up sheet sent around--26 members signed in)
- financials: approximately $6k in bank accounts (including checking and Paypal)
- $800 for gate starting platform set aside
- please process outstanding PP invoices ASAP--expectation is payment is to be processed upon receipt of the invoice, no delays
- majority of funds going to Gold Cup supplies--concessions (bagged ice, food, beverages), equipment rental (track maintenance, fryer for concessions), dirt, glue
- volunteers needed for GC Finals, weekend of Sept 28-30
- expectation is for every member to volunteer for at least 4 hours
- discussed National Anthem singers
- free parking for volunteers
- Reviewed week of GC schedule
- Tuesday $2 practice, Wednesday $5 practice, Thursday $10 single pts race, USABMX takes over beginning on Friday
- Explained GC race fees--$50 per race ($40 for open class); increased points, and better trophies each day
- Board nominations open today, vote in Oct
- Reviewed how nominations are accepted
- Term begins Jan 1, 2019
- Andrew Bodine to become certified coach. Clinics of all types (beginning, advanced, parents, etc) will be scheduled soon.
July 3, 2018 Meeting Notes
Blanchard Woods BMX 1907
Parent RIder Association Meeting called to order at 807pm
Attendance (Sign in sheet going around)
Treasurer Report- Jim Ball bank balance $9203, $663 in Paypal, $450 in on-site cash (concessions, registration, change bag); total $10,136; $10k is the target balance to maintain after purchases
- have purchased shed for storing maintenance tools
- have puchased dirt and glue for track maintenance
- regularly purchase concessions for selling
Items that need to be purchased in the near future:
New fridge, other is on its last leg but can be used for storage when new one is purchased
- Asked Association Members if they have one to donate or have contacts with vendors for low cost option
Fencing to enclose the entire ridable surface of the track ($4200-$5000.00)
- Association Members voted 22 Y/0 N to purchase fence materials; installation labor to be provided by volunteers
- fence enclosing the track is required by USABMX for hosting large events (Gold Cup Championships, national races)
- 4ft tall black vinyl matching Columbia County specs, order and receive materials within two weeks
-Money can be saved by purchasing big gates later.
Discussions on financials:
- change up items in concessions--fruit snacks
- question asked about donating food for concessions--strongly encourage any and all donations
- Member suggested one-time sponsors to be recognized during Gold Cup Championship weekend--$500 sponsorships to help offset expected incurred costs / banner hung on fence
Blanchard Woods Track Jersey $50 for jersey or pit jersey; order forms distributed and will be posted on FB; email Board with questions
Ready to order
Order form to be filled out and turned in.
First order will be place July 21st, 2018
All orders prepaid and have a 5-10 day turn around.
After first initial order, orders will be monthly
Taking a break on the points system.
Have a drawing every race instead of collecting points. Drawings will be to give away different things (items from sponsors, donated items, free meal vouchers, free races….) Whatever is decided that particular race.
Gold Cup race and preparations
Be on look out for FB announcements
End of series party: September 8th, 2018
Where, potluck or cater, games?? Member suggested renting inflatables and holding event at track; low cost option when renting from Ft Gordon
Jersey’s will be ordered by mid August and ready for hand at party
Richard Joyner discussed the requirement of wearing helmets when riding bikes, scooters, ripsticks, skateboards in the parking lot, especially when coming down the hill around the maintenance building. Be safe and be aware of cars coming up/around the hill.
**Association Bylaws are posted online www.blanchardwoodsbmx.com
For Any questions please feel free to reach out to any of our board members:
Sarah Anderson, President, 706-284-1578, email@example.com
Richard Joyner, Track Operator, 762-233-9609
Tim Byrne, Assistant Track Operator
Stacy Williamson, Secretary
Joy Mann, Member at Large
Lance McAnly, Rider at Large
February 24, 2018 Meeting Notes
- Meeting called to order at 805pm
- Recognize new riders in attendance, thank them for trying BMX, encouraged experienced riders to make new riders feel comfortable and offer assistance as often as necessary
- Reminder of frequency of meetings--monthly after end of registration and prior to start of race
- Review of Vet Fest
- Encouraged members to share opportunities where BW BMX could set up a booth to continue to spread the message and to encourage new riders to try BMX
- Bank balance is $5171.30
- Review of starting hill platform--plans are in process, will be 6x8, encouraged members to share ideas for donated materials or labor
- Track jersey design is in process, awaiting finalization of sponsors (due in April)
- Reviewed need for sponsors and different sponsorship levels
- Rider at Large voting--Lance McAnly voted in (yea: 28. nay: 0)
- Reminder of State Qualifier held at BW on March 3--need several volunteers, 50/50 raffle to help raise money for the track, P/R 11-1230p, race around 1pm
- Reminder for all members to sign in for the Association Meeting
- Question from the floor: Run BB motos in between motos to allow for longer break. TO stated BBs will race at the start of moto 1 but longer breaks will take place between motos and before main.
- Meeting adjourned at 812pm
2018 Parents and Riders Association Meeting - Agenda
January 20, 2018
Welcome to New Season- introduce Board Members CALLED TO ORDER AT 813pm
Financial Report- Jim is unable to attend, Bank Balance: $7658
This $ amount Includes money that was raised to build Gate Starter Platform
Working on final plans of platform. Agreed on size and exact placement last week
Balance Bike Committee: Dedicated practice time changed. Promote non-sanctioned practice from 6-630 on Tuesdays, Loaner equipment will be available during sanctioned practice time 630-830pm
Committees: Home School, Fort Gordon, Concessions
Sign Up Calendar will be available at concession stands tonight and every race
Asking for help to manage these and most importantly promote sport to these 2 major groups
VIP Volunteer program
Handout explaining point system
Vouchers will be ready by practice this Tuesday
Each volunteer will keep up with their points and at end of race have Board member sign off for points that race
Update Contact information: Address, email, phone #
This information will used to send email blasts, coupons, post cards….
Chili Cook-off: Jan 27, 2018
Bring a pot of chili to enter into the competition, 3 awards will be given out on 3 categories. Spicy-est, Yummy-est, Most Unique-est
Girls Night: Encourage more girl riders. Have practice nights monthly
Track Coach: in between coaches at the moment, asking for any volunteers
Certification involves online training through USABMX, background check, first aid training
Rider at Large Position is open: Taking nominations and will vote on end of Feb nomination from Robert Glick: Lance McAnly; seconded by Richard Joyner; vote held at race closest to 30 days post open nominations
Sponsorship: Asking for new sponsors for the new year. Handout given with information
Online form will be on website with in the week.
Summer Series: Tuesday night races held 2nd and 4th week in the summer months
Final information TBA
Jersey will be incentive to participation, Different jersey than our ‘Track Jersey’
Track Work: Will be having work days in near future. Be on the lookout for announcements.
Permanent Fence around just the track
Storage Building, vote on YES: 15, NO: 0
Parents to become CPR certified
MEETING ADJOURNED AT 819pm
2018 Blanchard Woods BMX Racing Season
Jan: 20,27 July: 7,10,21,24,28
Feb: 3,17,24 Aug: 4,18,25
March: 3,17,31 Sept: 1,15,22
April: 7,14,28 Oct: 6,20,27
May: 5,19,26,29 Nov: 10,17,20
June: 2,5,16,19,23,30 Dec: 1,15
State Race Qualifier: March 3, 2018
South East, Gold Cup Championship Race: September 28-30, 2018
Summer Series: More details TBA
2018 Track Sponsorship: Asking for new yearly sponsorship until April 30th
Visit our website for more details
Jersey: Design is in the making, and will be finalized after yearly sponsorship is completed.
Coach Needed: Certification is completed through USABMX, background check and First Aid certified
Rider At Large duties:
The Rider-at-Large shall be elected to a term of one (1) year, which shall run from January 1 to December 31. The Rider-at-Large with assistance from the Treasurer will be responsible to obtain and manage track sponsors. The Rider-at-Large will assist the Member-at-Large in forming race day volunteer lists. The Rider-at-Large will also work with the track’s coaching staff in obtaining clinics and new rider events. The Rider-at-Large should have operating knowledge of all facets of track operations and backfill voids in operations as necessary whether him/herself or by training volunteers.
Association Meeting 10-28-17
Board present: Sarah Anderson (Pres), Stacy Wiliamson (Sec), Jim Ball (Tres), Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Robert Glick (RaL), Joy Mann (MaL)
Meeting called to order at 753pm
- Explanation of 2018 Board members voting process, including announcement of nominated candidates: Sarah Anderson (Pres), Stacy Wiliamson (Sec), Jim Ball and Katlyn Attaway (Tres), Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Robert Glick (RaL), Joy Mann (MaL)
- Reminder to see Robert Glick for questions or suggestions about the proposed platform for gate operator.
- Reminder to add name to Association Meeting attendee sheet .
Meeting adjourned at 757pm
***Votes counted prior to Main race. Assocation voted for 2018 Board members: Sarah Anderson (Pres), Stacy Wiliamson (Sec), Jim Ball (Tres), Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Robert Glick (RaL), Joy Mann (MaL)
Association Meeting 10-07-17
Board present: Sarah Anderson (Pres), Stacy Wiliamson (Sec), Jim Ball (Tres), Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Robert Glick (RaL), Joy Mann (MaL)
Meeting called to order at 8pm
- Final call for 2018 Board nominations. Nominations accepted through end of race tonight. Voting will take place on 10-28-17.
- Association asked for Halloween race ideas on 10-28-17. Costumes welcomed, though not while riding on the track.
- Track work on first straight in upcoming weeks. Volunteers requested.
- Sarah reminded Members how to sign up to receive text alerts.
- Krispy Kreme fundraising reminder--orders and money due tonight. Certificates will be distributed on 10-10-17. Money raised going to the building of platform for gate operator. Robert asked Members to share their design ideas. Association Member asked for clarification on building materials to use--TBD following confirmation from County.
- Robert reiterated his and Joy's roles--they are the individuals for Members to share their ideas, ask their questions, and from whom to request assistance.
Meeting closed at 805pm.
Meeting Minutes 8/19/17
Parent/ Rider Meeting
Meeting called at- 7:54
Board Present: Richard Joyner, President/ Interim Track Operator; Joy Mann, Member at Large; Sarah Anderson, Rider at Large/ Interim Treasurer
1) $7969.12 account balance
2) Items purchased since July 17th 2017 : Drainage Items (Rock/Drain Pipe) $1311, Clay, Blower $290.00, Weed Eater $288.00 , Wheel Barrel $97.00
3) Rusty was able help with Donated equipment to do Drainage and we want to thank him and his family for the time invested in this project.
4) Grass Maintenance will be done regularly and it will cost track $200 a monthly
a) Strider Committee ( Katlyn Attaway ) (Promoting, Retaining and Running)
b) Fundraising Committee (bike wash day, fundraiser laps, swap meet)
c) Open Ride day Commitee, (flyers out to CCBOE)
d) Track t shirt and Jersey commitee, (design, take and place orders)
6) Bylaws Vote Date- Sept 16th 2017
7) 2017 Board Positions Open -TO, TO Asst., Treasurer, and Secretary
8) Vote Sept 16th 2017- to fill 2017 Board Positions
Note*2018 Nominations will soon be opening up in September for ALL Board Positions. Voting for 2018 Board Positions will be end of October.
Please feel free to ask any questions or go to our USA BMX website for the job description in the bylaws.
*Closing-Does anyone have any questions?
meeting adjourned 8:10
Meeting Minutes 7/22/17
Parent/ Rider Meeting
Meeting Minutes 7/18/17
Parent/ Rider Meeting
Meeting called to order 720 pm
-Address board situation and leave questions to individuals
-Address Rumors and Intention- Parent involvement and Parent Rights
-Went over rewritten bylaws- Read thoroughly with association
-Questions arisen: Why not have the same person be TO and President?
-Reason for separating the two roles, it is too much on one person. We want everything to go through the board- Not the same person make all decisions
-TO-Executes the plans of the board
-Provided examples on why one of the changes to bylaws is to make TO and non voting position.
-Consensus is track operator needs a vote.. yay 15 nay 5
-Read duties of all positions and specifically the open positions
-Keep Association Meetings and importance of them, to give the parents a voice in how track is ran
-Make sure board is having 12 meetings a year
-Meeting notes will be posted on website to be viewed by those that did not attend meeting
-Add to bylaws, request o provide agenda for special meetings requested by association
-Remove tie breaker claus from bylaws
-Request to have board members required to participate in a percentage of work days
-Lots of argument both ways for yay or nay. Even vote.
-Make sure we are keeping track of volunteers, who and what
-officially go over available positions, hand out letter of interest and explain to have it filled out and turned it.
-Bylaws will be posted on USABMX track website this evening, any discrepancies can be noted at the next meeting and changed. If any major changes clock, 30 day clock will restart. Once bylaws have been posted publicly for 30 day and agreed on by association, We will vote for the open positions.
-we will have another meeting reach out to people who missed.
Meeting ajourned 8:35pm