New Rider HOLESHOT Clinic
The Richmond BMX New Rider HOLESHOT Clinic is designed for a wide range of new riders in both age and initial racing skills. The program is designed for riders who have already mastered the skill of riding on a two wheel bike and are ready to start learning the basic skills needed to become a skilled BMX RACER!
Basic riding skills the rider need to have mastered include mounting, starting, stopping and dismounting the bicycle without assistance. The ability to stand and pedal is a plus but not required.
This is a weekly skills and it is best for riders to make each of the 6 classes as much of what we learn week to week has a foundation in previous lessons. The clinic runs for 6 weeks on Tuesdays from 6:00 – 8:00 PM. Cost for the entire program is ONLY $25 per rider!
Instructors will cover a wide range of topics on and off the track and customizing the course instruction to the specific attendees of the clinic. Topics include:
- What are the parts of the bike and how to verify their bike is safe.
- How to perform basic maintenance on their race bike
- Race Day – What is a moto? Staging, transfers and all the other race day stuff you didn’t think to ask.
- BMX Rules – Covering the basics of the USA BMX rulebook
- Warm up exercise riders should perform before every riding session
- Basic Riding Skills – Correct body posture and pedal stroke
- Gate Starts – Everything from one footed starts to balancing in the gate.
- Turn skills – Best line, passing and defensive lines.
- Jumps – Everything from how to get over a jump safely to the basics of manually and jumping.
- Race Management and Strategy – In race strategies for passing and maintaining positions on the track.
- Sportsmanship – What it means to be a BMX’er. Winning and losing like a champion.
All this and more will be covered over the six weeks. After completing this program riders will have all the basic skills and knowledge necessary to become a winning BMX’er!
Check with Registration or Gary Craig for more details and to sign up today! Space is limited so don’t hesitate!
The HOLESHOT Clinic is directed by Gary Craig. USA BMX Certified BMX Coach, Richmond BMX Track Operator, Richmond BMX Head Coach and 41 Expert BMX Racer.