Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT
Richmond BMX is a volunteer based organization that is dedicated to promoting the sport of BMX racing. We believe BMX is a great sport that teaches individuals the importance of hard work, commitment, and dedication through the practice of skills and the application of these skills in a competitive environment. We also believe the nurturing and development of these skills will increase the self-esteem of the rider.
Rider, Parent and Volunteer Code of Conduct
It is our intention to promote Good Sportsmanship and respect for all participants who visit Richmond BMX.
- I will respect the track volunteers and officials and their authority at all times.
- I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
- I will respect all facilities and equipment made available.
- I will not use profanity, abusive language, or threatening behavior towards any rider, parent, or track official.
- I will respect all riders and treat them with respect.
- I will encourage my child to ride by the rules.
- I will remember that children learn by example.
- I will acknowledge good riding by both my child and other riders.
- I also agree to abide by the rules, regulations, and decisions as set for by Richmond BMX and USABMX.
The Richmond BMX Board of Directors puts this Code of Conduct into place with the desired goal of creating and maintaining an atmosphere of good sportsmanship, mutual respect, and a safe family friendly environment. This code of conduct applies to all riders, parents, volunteers and spectators. Failure to follow this code of conduct could result in, but is not limited to, to the following:
- Being disqualified from a race
- Being asked to leave the Richmond BMX Facility
- Verbal warning
- Suspension from our facility
Any action taken which involves violation of these rules, will be at the discretion of the Richmond BMX Track Operator (or Assistant Track Operator in their place).