New Rider Clinics 2022 Edition
This program is for USABMX members, if you dont have one check this information out about getting started....and check out the "How do I get started BMX Racing" details here.
This is a weekly skills clinic running for 5 weeks which is designed to teach new riders of all ages the basic skills that will help them become a more skilled and confident BMX racer. The clinic will run Tuesdays from 6:00 – 7:30 PM starting with the first group to start April 13th. Cost for the entire program is $25 per rider. Only 25 spots available!
This clinic is designed for USABMX registered riders who are comfortably standing and pedaling the whole track and ready to start learning BMX Racing skills!
Instructors will cover topics on and off the track and at the completion of the course riders will have learned the following:
- BMX Rules – Covering the basics of the USA BMX rulebook
- Warm up exercise riders should perform before every riding session
- Basic Riding Skills – Correct body posture and pedal stroke
- Gate Starts – Everything from one footed starts to balancing in the gate.
- Turn skills – Best line, passing and defensive lines.
- Jumps – Everything from how to get over a jump safely to the basics of manually and jumping.
- Race Management and Strategy – In race stratigies for passing and maintaining positions on the track.
- Sportsmanship – What it means to be a BMX’er. Winning and losing like a champion.
All this and more will be covered over the five weeks. After completing this program riders will have all the basic skills and knowledge necessary to become a winning BMX’er!
Check with Coaches Pep Freeman and Gary Craig for more details and to sign up today! Space is limited so don’t hesitate!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. https://richmond-bmx.square.site/
Email at [email protected] with any questions!