About Katy BMX
Riders must have a current USA BMX MEMBERSHIP in order to ride the track.
RACE DAYS $15 (Registration Times):
Sunday 5:30-7pm (Summer Hours)
Wednesdays 6-8pm (Rained Out Days)
Race ASAP after Registration (usually 15 minutes). You can practice only on race days before and after races (if you do not want to race).
PRACTICE DAYS $10:
Wednesday 6-8pm (if not a race make up day)
USA BMX MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
One Day Trial - FREE
30 day Membership - $30
1 Year Full Membership - $60
2nd Family member - $55
3 or more Family Members - $50
Striders Membership - $30
- Any type and size of bike will do. We do recommend that you start with one that has less than a 20” wheel diameter – that is the allowable limit in the Novice (beginner) class. Whatever you currently ride around the neighborhood will be perfect for getting started.
- Make sure all bolts are tight – especially your axle bolts and stem bolts.
- All reflectors, kickstands, chain guards, and metal fenders must be removed for safety purposes.
- You’ll also need a numberplate. You will be provided a numberplate with your membership purchase.
- Long pants
- Long sleeve shirt
- Helmut – USA BMX recommends a full-face helmet. We do have some loaner helmuts for beginners to use on a first come basis.
- Enclosed shoes
- Gloves are recommended, but not required