About Katy BMX
Riders must have a current USA BMX MEMBERSHIP in order to ride the track.
RACE DAYS (Registration Times): $15
Race ASAP after Registration (usually 15 minutes). You can practice only on race days before races (if you do not want to race), during Registration.
PRACTICE DAYS: $7
USA BMX MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
One Day Trial - $1
30 day Membership - $30
1 Year Full Membership - $60
2nd Family member - $55
3 or more Family Members - $50
Striders Membership - $30
- Any type and size of bike will do. We do recommend that you start with one that has less than a 20” wheel diameter – that is the allowable limit in the Novice (beginner) class. Whatever you currently ride around the neighborhood will be perfect for getting started.
- Make sure all bolts are tight – especially your axle bolts and stem bolts.
- All reflectors, kickstands, chain guards, and metal fenders must be removed for safety purposes.
- You’ll also need a numberplate. You will be provided a numberplate with your membership purchase.
- Long pants
- Long sleeve shirt
- Helmut – USA BMX recommends a full-face helmet. We do have some loaner helmuts for beginners to use on a first come basis.
- Enclosed shoes
- Gloves are recommended, but not required