Parent/ Rider Meeting Notes
Association Meeting 10-07-17
Board present: Sarah Anderson (Pres), Stacy Wiliamson (Sec), Jim Ball (Tres), Richard Joyner (TO), Tim Byrne (ATO), Robert Glick (RaL), Joy Mann (MaL)
Meeting called to order at 8pm
- Final call for 2018 Board nominations. Nominations accepted through end of race tonight. Voting will take place on 10-28-17.
- Association asked for Halloween race ideas on 10-28-17. Costumes welcomed, though not while riding on the track.
- Track work on first straight in upcoming weeks. Volunteers requested.
- Sarah reminded Members how to sign up to receive text alerts.
- Krispy Kreme fundraising reminder--orders and money due tonight. Certificates will be distributed on 10-10-17. Money raised going to the building of platform for gate operator. Robert asked Members to share their design ideas. Association Member asked for clarification on building materials to use--TBD following confirmation from County.
- Robert reiterated his and Joy's roles--they are the individuals for Members to share their ideas, ask their questions, and from whom to request assistance.
Meeting closed at 805pm.
Meeting Minutes 8/19/17
Parent/ Rider Meeting
Meeting called at- 7:54
Board Present: Richard Joyner, President/ Interim Track Operator; Joy Mann, Member at Large; Sarah Anderson, Rider at Large/ Interim Treasurer
1) $7969.12 account balance
2) Items purchased since July 17th 2017 : Drainage Items (Rock/Drain Pipe) $1311, Clay, Blower $290.00, Weed Eater $288.00 , Wheel Barrel $97.00
3) Rusty was able help with Donated equipment to do Drainage and we want to thank him and his family for the time invested in this project.
4) Grass Maintenance will be done regularly and it will cost track $200 a monthly
a) Strider Committee ( Katlyn Attaway ) (Promoting, Retaining and Running)
b) Fundraising Committee (bike wash day, fundraiser laps, swap meet)
c) Open Ride day Commitee, (flyers out to CCBOE)
d) Track t shirt and Jersey commitee, (design, take and place orders)
6) Bylaws Vote Date- Sept 16th 2017
7) 2017 Board Positions Open -TO, TO Asst., Treasurer, and Secretary
8) Vote Sept 16th 2017- to fill 2017 Board Positions
Note*2018 Nominations will soon be opening up in September for ALL Board Positions. Voting for 2018 Board Positions will be end of October.
Please feel free to ask any questions or go to our USA BMX website for the job description in the bylaws.
*Closing-Does anyone have any questions?
meeting adjourned 8:10
Meeting Minutes 7/22/17
Parent/ Rider Meeting
Meeting Minutes 7/18/17
Parent/ Rider Meeting
Meeting called to order 720 pm
-Address board situation and leave questions to individuals
-Address Rumors and Intention- Parent involvement and Parent Rights
-Went over rewritten bylaws- Read thoroughly with association
-Questions arisen: Why not have the same person be TO and President?
-Reason for separating the two roles, it is too much on one person. We want everything to go through the board- Not the same person make all decisions
-TO-Executes the plans of the board
-Provided examples on why one of the changes to bylaws is to make TO and non voting position.
-Consensus is track operator needs a vote.. yay 15 nay 5
-Read duties of all positions and specifically the open positions
-Keep Association Meetings and importance of them, to give the parents a voice in how track is ran
-Make sure board is having 12 meetings a year
-Meeting notes will be posted on website to be viewed by those that did not attend meeting
-Add to bylaws, request o provide agenda for special meetings requested by association
-Remove tie breaker claus from bylaws
-Request to have board members required to participate in a percentage of work days
-Lots of argument both ways for yay or nay. Even vote.
-Make sure we are keeping track of volunteers, who and what
-officially go over available positions, hand out letter of interest and explain to have it filled out and turned it.
-Bylaws will be posted on USABMX track website this evening, any discrepancies can be noted at the next meeting and changed. If any major changes clock, 30 day clock will restart. Once bylaws have been posted publicly for 30 day and agreed on by association, We will vote for the open positions.
-we will have another meeting reach out to people who missed.
Meeting ajourned 8:35pm