2020 Season - UPDATED COVID Rules and Guidelines - PLEASE READ
As a result of Governor Northam's latest executive orders, we must reduce the crowd size at our facility to 25 or less participants and spectators per event. Accordingly, we unfortunately must end the racing part of our 2020 season. However, we will be able to continue small group gate practice through through the last Saturday of November.
We have processed refunds for all unused race entry and gate practice fees. Gate practices will now be held in 45-minute time blocks, on Monday and Wednesday evenings, as well as Saturdays. It is imperitive that you sign-up for a practice slot before coming to the track, as we cannot accomodate additional riders above 20 per session. We request that you only sign up for 1 slot per rider per day, unless there is availability in another time slot as the day of the event approaches.
There are a number of rules and restrictions that will continue to be in place until further notice. Please read the rules below carefully. We will be monitored for compliance with posted guidelines, so please, let's each do our part to make sure we stay open for the rest of the 2020 season!
As noted in the detailed rules and guidelines below, you do need to sign up in advance for all gate practice sessions and be a current USABMX member. If your / your rider's membership expired, please renew at usabmx.com prior to registering for an event. If you are a new rider, please see instructions in Rule #4 below. Again, please do not come to the track if you did not sign up for a given session: we are under tight crowd restrictions and cannot let anyone in if they are not signed up.
Here is the sign up link for 2020 events: https://novabmx.square.site/shop/races-practices-and-clinics/7
We hope you will soon find a time that works for your schedule to come out and ride with us!
Gate Practice Rules and Guidelines:
- All riders must pre-register at our online store before arriving at the track. Please do not come to the track if you have not signed up. We can not allow additional in-person sign-ups at the track.
- If you are sick, show any signs of COVID-19 (such as coughing, fever, shortness of breath, or new loss of sense of smell or taste), or have recently traveled to an area with a high level of COVID infections, please do not come to the track. We ask all riders and accompanying attendees to perform a wellness self-assessment before coming to the track. Let's keep all our volunteers, riders and families safe!
- Please limit non-rider / accompanying attendees to 1 parent/guardian per rider. Accompanying attendees are responsible for aiding your rider in the event of an injury.
- All riders must be current USA BMX members to participate in gate practice. If your membership has expired or if you are a new rider, please go online to USABMX.com to process your renewal or new membership prior to registering for a practice slot. Be sure that NOVA BMX (Track #1891) is designated as your home track. Renewals and new USA BMX memberships will not be processed at the track at this time. If you have never ridden at a USABMX track before, you can get a 1-time, 1-day free trial membership here: https://www.usabmx.com/trial. (Enter the "Event Date" as the date you are signing up for gate practice and select "VA - NOVA BMX" as the track.)
- Loaner bikes, helmets, and other gear are not available. You must bring your own bike and helmet to practice. (Full face helmet is highly recommended.)
- All riders and parents are expected to maintain at least 10 feet of social distance from unrelated persons. Masks/face coverings should be worn by everyone (ages 5 and up) in the track area when social distancing cannot be maintained. This includes riders when helmets are removed or those not wearing full-face helmets.
- Riders should only use designated lanes to go up the staging area to the starting gate. For gate practice, only 4 riders are permitted in the gate at a time.
- There will be no stopping on or around the track. For gate practice, full laps only with riders returning to staging or properly spaced pit area.
- Pits may be set up in the parking lot or grassy area to the left of the track. However, all riders and accompanying persons must enter/exit the track area through the main, large gate near the concessions building.
- As always, full gear is required at all times. Gloves and helmets are required in staging.
- Parents are not permitted in the staging area, unless assisting a child 7 years of age or younger.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience with our all-volunteer staff as we work to adhere to the guidelines of the CDC, the State of Virginia and Prince William County.