TRY BMX - 1-Day Trial Membership Form
Join Anytime at Any Race all year long
Bring your Bike:
- ANY bike you are comfortable with on the track will work -- a first-timer with wheels 20" or smaller would be placed in the Novice class for the day, those with larger wheels are entered in the Cruiser class
- Make sure all bolts are tight - especially your axle and stem bolts
- Remove any freestyle-type axle pegs
- Reflectors and brackets, as well as kickstands, must be removed for safety purposes
Required clothing and safety equipment:
- Cycling helmet - full face is recommended, and MX helmets are permitted as well
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants or jeans - or shorts if worn together with a suitable knee-shin guard combo
- Close-toed shoe - skateboard style shoes are suggested
BMX racing is open to any boy or girl, man or woman, kid, or mom or dad who can ride a bike – ages 2 – 92. At VMP BMX, the racing season lasts all year long, as weather permits. You can fit BMX racing in between other activities and commitments like work, school, sports, church, and scouting. We typically race on Sunday afternoons and also hold weekly practice events. We can also open up and hold other events when you want to participate. Spectating is free at local races and even many of the multi-point events.
VMP BMX is officially sanctioned by USA BMX, the American Bicycle Association. Each rider is permitted one trial race, after which you must purchase a USA BMX membership to continue racing. Initial memberships are submitted at the track and both initial and renewal memberships are available at all VMP BMX Race Events. You can start the USA BMX US Membership Application online, but be sure to bring it to the track so we can get you set up for racing RIGHT AWAY!
Q: In order to ride on the track do I need a membership?
Q: Can I try racing prior to purchasing an annual membership?
Q: How do I go about obtaining/using the One-Day Trail Membership?
Click here to view our calendar of our scheduled USABMX sanctioned events. We also have forms ON SITE at each of our events, so COME ON OUT and RACE!!